After fires, recalls, replacements, and fires from replacements, Samsung has finally thrown in the towel and discontinued the Galaxy Note 7. Is the Note brand permanently damaged? In other Samsung news, the US Supreme Court hears arguments in one Apple vs Samsung case, and a US Court of Appeals has reinstated Apple's $120 million win over Samsung in another. Samsung's response? Copy the cylindrical Mac Pro. In non-Samsung news, the tea leaves point to Apple holding an event in late October to announce... something? And iOS app developers are up in arms over Apple kicking Dash off the App Store.
- Rene would jump at the chance to buy a Samsung Note 8, thinking that it will be the safest phone ever made.
- Our panelists wish list for an October event - a new MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac Pro, and why not a new AirPort Extreme?
- The he said, she said between Apple and the developer of Dash has everyone confused.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/macbreak-weekly.
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.
- Apple mysteriously banned a popular app from the App Store, and a lot of programmers are mad
- Apple: Dash developer had two accounts, 25 apps, and almost a thousand fraudulent reviews
- Dash developer's response to Apple's response
- Samsung is giving away explosion-proof boxes for the Galaxy Note 7 recall
- Supreme Court grills Apple, Samsung over value of design patents
- Samsung Owes Apple $120 Million in Longstanding Slide-to-Unlock Lawsuit
- Samsung ArtPC: Cylindrical PC with 360º audio, i5/i7 plus NVMe, Preorders from $1200
- Did John Gruber just confirm a MacBook event on Thursday 27 October?
- Apple Watch banned from UK cabinet meetings over Russian hacker fears
- Potential Apple Watch snooping: a not-so-paranoid cyberespionage risk
- Lyve is shutting down, what does that mean?
- Epic 2 bluetooth wireless sport earbuds
- Omnigraffle 7