Oct 17th 2006
MacBreak Weekly 11
Hosted by Leo Laporte, Amber MacArthur, Scott Bourne, Merlin Mann
The iPhone starts to look like the real thing, and Scott Rejoices. iPod celebrated five years... with a Windows Virus. And dating tips from Steve Jobs...
Records live every Tuesday at 2:00pm Eastern / 11:00am Pacific / 18:00 UTC.
The iPhone starts to look like the real thing, and Scott Rejoices. iPod celebrated five years... with a Windows Virus. And dating tips from Steve Jobs.
- The iPod has five years old.
- Wired has a story on the iPod's conception.
- Newsweek has Steve Jobs on the iPod's 5th anniversary.
- Less than 1% of 5.5g iPods sold contain a Windows virus dubbed RavMonE.exe.
- In Liverpool, a flash mob prepared with iPods began to dance at the stroke of 12.
- Fox used Palm Treos to capture video of the plane crash in New York City.
- Ted Stevens of "tube" fame is apparently #3 in succession for presidency as the President Pro Tem.
- Apple has trademarked the word iPhone with a "Far Eastern" trademark office.
- Jesse Tortora, analyst for the Prudential Equity Group, has predicted 2 models of the iPhone.
- During a press conference, T-Mobile's CEO stated that Apple's and their own visions are in-line with each other.
- A Swiss newspaper has quoted Leo about changing "podcast" to "netcast". Kyle Goetz has posted a translation on his blog.
- NBC has begun to use the word "netcast".
- Computerworld has determined that using a 30-inch monitor increases productivity.
- My Dream App is just like American Idol for Mac application ideas.
- Blossom is an application idea that is a virtual plant that will grow based on your productivity.
- iStyleit was an idea by one of the few women running for My Dream App. It was knocked out ASAP.
- Atmosphere is a great application idea that will act as a window to the outside world depending on the weather.
- When you buy Pzizz, use the coupon code "twit" for 25% off.
- Eudora has gone open-source and has joined the Mozilla Foundation.
- Scott likes GyazMail for his e-mail.
- Leo's looking at Island Email for his IMAP email.
- Oprah and Bono have begun their support for a red iPod Nano under their Product Red foundation.
- Monkey on Your Back reminds people to do their work!
- The SRS iWOW plugin spacializes the audio coming out of iTunes.
- To fix iPod resetting while playing mono content, turn off the EQ.
- MusicIPMixer creates mixes depending on genre among other things. Also, look at Soundflavor which is similar.
Don't forget to use coupon code "twit" when purchasing Pzizz for 25% off!
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.