Oct 17th 2006
MacBreak Weekly 11
The iPhone starts to look like the real thing, and Scott Rejoices. iPod celebrated five years... with a Windows Virus. And dating tips from Steve Jobs.
- The iPod has five years old.
- Wired has a story on the iPod's conception.
- Newsweek has Steve Jobs on the iPod's 5th anniversary.
- Less than 1% of 5.5g iPods sold contain a Windows virus dubbed RavMonE.exe.
- In Liverpool, a flash mob prepared with iPods began to dance at the stroke of 12.
- Fox used Palm Treos to capture video of the plane crash in New York City.
- Ted Stevens of "tube" fame is apparently #3 in succession for presidency as the President Pro Tem.
- Apple has trademarked the word iPhone with a "Far Eastern" trademark office.
- Jesse Tortora, analyst for the Prudential Equity Group, has predicted 2 models of the iPhone.
- During a press conference, T-Mobile's CEO stated that Apple's and their own visions are in-line with each other.
- A Swiss newspaper has quoted Leo about changing "podcast" to "netcast". Kyle Goetz has posted a translation on his blog.
- NBC has begun to use the word "netcast".
- Computerworld has determined that using a 30-inch monitor increases productivity.
- My Dream App is just like American Idol for Mac application ideas.
- Blossom is an application idea that is a virtual plant that will grow based on your productivity.
- iStyleit was an idea by one of the few women running for My Dream App. It was knocked out ASAP.
- Atmosphere is a great application idea that will act as a window to the outside world depending on the weather.
- When you buy Pzizz, use the coupon code "twit" for 25% off.
- Eudora has gone open-source and has joined the Mozilla Foundation.
- Scott likes GyazMail for his e-mail.
- Leo's looking at Island Email for his IMAP email.
- Oprah and Bono have begun their support for a red iPod Nano under their Product Red foundation.
- Monkey on Your Back reminds people to do their work!
- The SRS iWOW plugin spacializes the audio coming out of iTunes.
- To fix iPod resetting while playing mono content, turn off the EQ.
- MusicIPMixer creates mixes depending on genre among other things. Also, look at Soundflavor which is similar.
Don't forget to use coupon code "twit" when purchasing Pzizz for 25% off!
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.