Windows 7, netbooks, UAC issue overkill, Microsoft Fix It, new Kindle, Google Ocean, and more.
Windows 7 product editions (or "SKUs") announced
- There will be multiple product editions again (duh) but only two will be mainstream offers for individuals
- Regardless, a lot of false indignation from people
- Microsoft: We have over one billion users with many different needs and wants; One SKU does not make sense for all of them, sorry
- Paul actually agrees with Microsoft for the most part but the lineup could be a little simpler
Windows 7 on a netbook: Guess what? It works. Paul's IdeaPad S10 arrived today. Good news so far.
The UAC issue that wasn't: Bloggers uncovered Windows 7 flaw; Microsoft says, not so fast
Microsoft's new Fix It service. Finally: Instead of telling you how to fix problems via its Knowledge Base (KB) articles, Microsoft is starting to automatically fix these problems for you with a new FixIt button.
New Kindle rumored to be coming next week
Tip of the week:
- Virtual Earth update: Check out the stunning Bird's Eye imagery of Europe at Paul's Winsupersite
- New version of Google Earth, lets you explore the ocean and mars
Software pick of the week:
- Foxmarks Syncs browser bookmarks/favorites between PCs/Macs, Works with IE/Firefox (Windows) and Firefox/Safari (Mac), Bonus: Includes Web site password sync (Firefox only)
- Skype 4 for windows now available
Check out Paul's blog at the SuperSite for Windows for more information.