Macworld and iTunes tax, Ballmer at CES, Windows 7 and Windows Live, and more.
- Well, at least they focused on the Mac for a change.
- iTunes goes DRM-free.
- But what about the iTunes tax? All or nothing to convert existing songs.
- Also, Microsoft raises Apple Tax issues.
- Ballmer keynote
- Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 public beta
- Windows Live Essentials is finalized
- Windows Mobile? No discussion of version 7, Zune Mobile
- No discussion of Vista numbers (Why: SEC; earnings announce soon)
- No discussion of Windows 7 schedule, SKUs (Why: Still working on it)
- Schedule: WinLive Wave 3 first, then IE 8, then Windows 7
- Confirmed: Only one Beta release for Windows 7
- No discussion of Windows Home Server? Weird. I've had one of the new HPs for awhile … excellent
- There are new home server partners — new versions of the OS are coming this year too
- Xbox 360: 28 million sold so far
Software of the week: Windows 7 Beta available starting Friday
Tip of the week: Use Windows 7 Play To … to send content around the house.
Audible pick of the week: American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House, Unabridged, By Jon Meacham, Narrated by Richard McGondale. For a free credit toward the audiobook of your choice, visit Audible.com/windows.
Check out Paul's blog at the SuperSite for Windows for more information.