Copilot headed to Windows 10, Parallels Desktop on M3 Max, SFI
- Microsoft to bring Copilot to Windows 10 too. As predicted, actually.
- Last week was hell trying to figure out how/where people could get 23H2. Turns out, there’s a reason. Microsoft is terrible.
- A Microsoft employee notably—offered some clarity on the 23H2 rollout. 23H2 is available via the ISO download or Installation Assistant, as Paul noted last week. 23H2 is NOT available via the Media Creation Tool, as Paul also observed — delayed two weeks.
- Canary build today: SMB changes (Server Message Block, not small business).
- Microsoft deprecated some features in Windows 11 version 23H2 but didn’t remove any (yet?).
- The Windows Tips app was just deprecated too.
- Microsoft to remove two in-box apps from clean installs in the future.
- The HP Spectre Folding PC is a compelling argument for the hybrid PCs of the future.
- Apple: Flat with last year, still all iPhone.
- Qualcomm: Terrible, but also sees a rebound looming.
- Microsoft extended Surface support for firmware/drivers from 4 years to 6 for newer models.
- Microsoft Authenticator quietly rolled out “MFA Fatigue” relief. You will have noticed this.
- Microsoft launches Trustworthy Computing 2.0: The Cloudening.
- A look at the M365 competition: Google Workspace good (especially Drive), Slack bad. REALLY bad.
- Microsoft Edge 119 arrives with a few UI changes.
- OpenAI had a little show and is offering custom ChatGPT clients.
- Because we all need more Elon Musk in our lives, here’s Grok.
- Microsoft partners with Inworld on generative AI game development.
- Call of Duty MWIII multiplayer/full game arrive Friday.
- Nintendo revenues up nicely. EA is in great shape.
- Epic is in court vs. Google, this time could be different.
- Google paid Activision Blizzard $360 million in 2020 to keep its games in the Play Store.
- Sony is killing Twitter integration on PS4/5.
Tips and Picks
- App pick of the week: Brave
- App pick of the week #2: Start 11 v2... again
- RunAs Radio this week: Large Language Models in Business with Ulrika Hedlund
- Brown liquor pick of the week: Aberlour A'bunadh Alba
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.
- Notes From the Field: The Week That 23H2 Happened (Updated) (Premium)
- Microsoft Quietly Delayed 23H2 on MCT Until Mid-November and Didn’t Tell Customers
- Microsoft Details Deprecated Features in Windows 11 Version 23H2
- Windows Tips App is Now Deprecated
- Microsoft May Be Removing Two Windows 11 In-Box Apps in the Future
- HP Spectre Foldable PC Review: The Future of the PC, Today
- Apple Revenues in Q3 Were $89.5 Billion, Roughly Flat With Last Year
- Qualcomm Revenues Plummeted 24 Percent in Quarter, But Smartphone Slump is Stabilizing
- Microsoft Quietly Updates the Surface Support Lifecycle
- Microsoft Quietly Improved Authenticator Security to Thwart MFA Fatigue Attacks
- One Month of Google Drive Made Me a Convert (Premium)
- Cut Me Some Slack, Slack (Premium)
- Microsoft Edge Version 119 Brings Changes to Sidebar and Split Screen
- Microsoft is Getting Serious About Security. Again.
- OpenAI Now Lets Anyone Create Custom Versions of ChatGPT
- xAI, Elon Musk’s AI Startup, Unveils its “Grok” Chatbot
- Microsoft Partners With Inworld AI to Bring Generative AI to Game Development
- Nintendo Revenues Surge on Mario and Zelda Sales
- EA Revenues Were Flat in Q3, But FC 24 is Off to a Strong Start
- Epic, Google Weigh in Ahead of Antitrust Trial
- Google’s ‘Project Hug’ Cast by Epic as App Market Power Crusade
- Sony is Discontinuing Twitter/X Integration on PS4 and PS5
- Brave’s AI Browser Assistant is Now Available
- Start11 v2 Is Ready
- Large Language Models in Business with Ulrika Hedlund
- A’bunadh Alba Scotch Whisky