Photos app update, Intel 13th Gen Core Desktop CPUs, Microsoft Viva expansion
- A quick update on Windows 11 22H2 update availability.
- Microsoft begins testing the new Photos app that will come with the October update.
- Edge team has a plan to make PWA more native … and on Linux and Mac, too!
- Can Intel crack the code on Windows/iPhone interop? Dell did, but that app has been killed.
- Bye-bye, SwiftKey for iOS
- Intel announces 13th-Gen Core desktop chipsets. Guess what? more cores!
- The new unified Outlook app for Windows (project Monarch) is going out to more testers, getting some missing features.
- Study results show that Teams is an OS/platform and needs app store-like protections.
- Microsoft expands Viva.
- Surface Studio 3 shows up at FCC
- Nadella “very confident” Activision/Blizzard deal will be OKd by regulators. As he should be.
- Logitech announces an Xbox Cloud Gaming handheld
- Microsoft may let Xbox users mute startup sounds
- E3 is coming back next for some reason
- Microsoft announces a new camo wireless controller with charging dock
Tips and Picks
- Tip of the week: Windows 11 Field Guide update
- App pick of the week: WindowBlinds 11 open beta
- Enterprise pick of the week: SharePoint Server Subscription Edition moves to a twice-yearly update schedule
- Codename pick of the week: Surface codename-palooza
- Beer pick of the week: Ayinger Celebrator
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.
- Windows 11 Version 22H2, an Upgrade Story (Premium)
- Updated Photos App Heads to the Dev Channel
- Edge Team Wants to Close the Gap Between Web and Native Apps
- Intel takes a crack at getting Windows PCs to connect seamlessly with Android phones and iPhones
- Microsoft is phasing out SwiftKey for iOS
- Intel Announces its 13th Gen Core Desktop CPUs
- Microsoft takes another step toward launching the new unified Outlook
- Study: Teams and Slack are Platforms, Need App Store-Like Controls
- Microsoft readies more modules for its Viva employee-experience suite
- Surface Studio 3 Passes Through the FCC
- Microsoft CEO is “Very Confident” About Activision Blizzard Deal
- Logitech Announces a Portable Cloud Gaming Device
- Microsoft is Testing New Option to Mute Xbox Startup Sounds
- E3 to Be Held on June 13-16 Next Year
- Microsoft Unveils Mineral Camo Special Edition Xbox Controller
- Stardock Brings WindowBlinds to Windows 11
- Microsoft Moves SharePoint Server Subscription Edition to Bi-Annual Release Schedule
- Codenames for some of the upcoming Surface devices
- Ayinger Celebrator