Windows 8 User Experience, Ryzen 7000 series, Arm sues Qualcomm
- Jensen Harris has come out against the Windows 11 Start menu.
- AMD launches Ryzen 7000 series desktop CPUs
- Microsoft Outlook is picking up Microsoft To-Do integration.
- Microsoft to drop its Kaizala group-messaging service in 2023.
- Microsoft addresses its EU-based cloud licensing issues...No, it doesn’t.
- Microsoft brings Arm-powered VMs to Azure - Ubuntu couldn’t be happier, but it’s not just Ubuntu
- It’s been a tough couple of days for folks running Ubuntu VMs on Azure. (Blame DNS. Always)
- Semi-related (thanks to AKS): Microsoft continues to plod along in trying to move M365 to Azure
- Microsoft might consolidate Surface Pro/Pro X brands
- No price hike for Xbox
- September Games with Gold includes Portal 2!
- Humble Games titles are coming to Xbox Game Pass
- Microsoft tests a unified gaming library on Xbox
- White Elite Controller rumors continue
- First it was PCs, but now Sony is going after mobile gaming too
Tips and picks
- App pick of the week: ImageGlass
- App pick of the week #2: NextDNS
- Tip of the week: First, do what you can to protect yourself from trackers
- Enterprise pick of the week: SelfX
- Codename pick of the week: CBL-Mariner
- Beer pick of the week: Abomination Brewing Drippy Popsicle
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.
- Windows 8 < Windows 11 (Premium)
- AMD Announces New Ryzen 7000 Series Desktop CPUs
- Microsoft To Do is Coming to Outlook for Windows
- Microsoft to drop its Kaizala group-messaging service in 2023
- Microsoft is making VMs support Ampere Altra Arm processors generally available starting September 1.
- Microsoft to enact new cloud outsourcing and hosting licensing changes which still don't address core customer concerns
- Microsoft Azure outage continues for some services relying on Ubuntu 'Bionic' release
- Microsoft continues its push to get more of its own services hosted on Azure. And Kubernetes is key
- Report: Microsoft’s Surface Pro 9 to Have Both Intel and ARM Options
- Xbox and Nintendo Won’t Follow PlayStation 5 Price Hike
- Valve’s Portal 2 Headlines Games with Gold for September 2022
- Humble Games Titles Coming to Game Pass Soon
- Microsoft Tests Unified Game Library With Xbox Insiders
- White Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Shows Up on Amazon
- Sony Launches New PlayStation Studios Mobile Division
- Enough Already: Whole-House Tracker Blocking (Premium)
- Enough Already: First Steps (Premium)
- SelfX: a tool allowing users to solve their issues themselves and reduce tickets/calls to your support team
- Syst & Deploy
- CBL-Mariner: Microsoft's internal Linux distribution for Azure first-party services and edge appliances
- Xbox/Gaming bets on Mariner
- Drippy Popsicle (Orange Creamsicle)