- Microsoft's fall hardware launch: more evolution than revolution
- As expected, the new small Surface Laptop, christened Surface Laptop Go
- Updated models of Surface Pro X
- New accessories
- And that's it. No refreshes on the Surface Pro, Surface Book, Surface Studio, Surface Go
- This is nothing short of a strategy do-over for Surface. Granted it's been unfolding for years.
- Related: Some more impressive PCs were announced this week too
- Related: New Win 10 test build for Dev Channel adds a new optional customization page, file-association management
- Let the antitrust games begin for FAMA
- Big tech companies are abusive monopolies that need breaking up or regulating, says the U.S. House Judiciary committee
- Microsoft isn't on the guilty list this time around. Why? Outside gaming, not much consumer impact. And it's not a monopoly any more in any market.
- Not a great week for the Microsoft cloud
- Back to back (to back) Outlook problems this past week, starting with this one
- And today, we're back to admin portal issues for M365/O365. Sigh
- A post-mortem on the big Azure AD outage: Definitely the perfect storm
- Related: Greece is the word (for a new MS datacenter region... someday in the future)
- Bing is rebranded to Microsoft Bing. This is huge!
- Microsoft celebrates the best-ever year for Xbox Game Studios
- Tips and picks
- Tip of the week: Display file extensions. It came from the Twitters: Power users are confused about why Windows doesn't display file extensions by default. Power users should know better.
- App pick of the week: Visual Studio Code. Everyone's doing it! And now you can access Edge Dev Tools right in the editor
- Codename pick of the week: A bevy of Surface-related codenames. Nora, Wakita and Wolfe, Canon, Silas and Goma (thanks Aggoramenti Lumia)
- Whiskey pick of the week: Screwball Whiskey. Like peanut butter? Then this is too dangerous to drink. It's unbelievable. Now I need to pair it with a grape jelly vodka :)
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.
- Microsoft's new holiday hardware includes updated Surface Pro X 2-in-1s starting at $1,500
- Surface Pro X Refreshed With Microsoft’s New SQ2 Processor, Platinum Finish
- Microsoft Introduces New Accessories
- A Surface Reboot? (Premium)
- A Great Week for the PC
- New Window 10 test build adds set-up customization options
- U.S.: Big Tech are Abusive Monopolies That Should be Regulated or Broken Up
- A Quick Summary of the House Judiciary Committee Report (Premium)
- Outlook is down: Microsoft web outage hits users worldwide
- We've received reports of access issues for the Microsoft 365 admin center.
- Microsoft's Azure AD authentication outage: What went wrong
- Microsoft announces plans for first datacenter region in Greece as part of “GR for GRowth” digital transformation initiative
- Bing is Rebranded to Microsoft Bing
- Microsoft Celebrates a Record Year for Xbox Game Studios
- Microsoft Brings Edge Dev Tools to Visual Studio Code
- Codename pick of the week: A bevy of Surface-related codenames
- Whiskey pick of the week: Screwball Whiskey