RIP Internet Explorer, Oracle wants to Buy TikTok, Flight Simulator 2020
- A moment of silence, please…
- Microsoft outlines the plan to kill off Internet Explorer and Legacy Edge, at least from Microsoft 365.
- But there's still no actual end of life date for IE11... just lots of lead-ups to it
- Mary Jo finally got 2004 on her Surface Laptop 3!
- Panos Panay joins the Sonos board of directors
- The press/blogger briefing for Surface Duo is now public
- Surface Duo after the dust settles: Has anyone come up with a good use case?
- This week in TikTok
- Now Oracle's joined the bidding
- Is Oracle in it to win it? Could they actually manage to host TikTok in their cloud? (Maybe. See Zoom.) Or are they in it to pressure Microsoft boost their offer?
- Microsoft 365
- The first Microsoft Teams Display is quite limited for now
- No new Dev Channel build of Windows 10 today (or likely this week) due to an unspecified bug Xbox
- Xbox is getting a new Dashboard … everywhere
- There are some great games coming to Xbox Game Pass in the next two weeks
- There are now over 2000 indie games on Xbox
- Microsoft Flight Simulator is now available on PC
- Tip of the week: Can't get enough of MJF and Paul? (and who can't??) We recorded an episode of MJFChat that focuses on learning
- Enterprise pick of the week: Making Azure outage communications less terrible. Microsoft is trying.
- Codename pick of the week: Project Osaka. A blast from the MS codename past. Project Osaka, aka CollabDB, was supposed to be a list-sharing app for O365. MS killed it several years ago, but elements of it remain in the new M365 Lists app.
- Beer pick of the week: Westbrook Lemon Meringue Pie. In my ongoing series of beers made to taste like desserts, I offer you Lemon Meringue Pie. Lemon Meringue Pie is a sour from the excellent Westbrook Brewing. It does include vanilla, lemon, milk sugar, graham crackers and cinnamon and clocks in at a modest 4 percent. You can have your pie and drink it, too!
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.
- Microsoft outlines its IE, legacy Edge phase-out timetable
- It finally happened. Today, for the first time, my Surface Laptop 3 is being offered the May 2020/2004 update
- Panos Panay Is Joining the Board of Sonos [Updated]
- Microsoft Posts Surface Duo Briefing
- Even Microsoft is Still Trying to Figure Out Surface Duo (Premium)
- Now Oracle is Considering a TikTok Bid Too
- Zoom deploys its core videoconferencing service on Oracle Cloud
- Master 365: Getting Started with a Microsoft Teams Display (Premium)
- Microsoft Unveils Updated Xbox Dashboard Design and Functionality
- Microsoft Reveals Remaining Game Pass Titles for August
- Microsoft Celebrates Over 2000 Indie Titles on Xbox
- Microsoft Flight Simulator is Now Available
- MJFChat: Learn to Live: Navigating Choppy Career Waters
- Brave Completely Redesigned Browser Data Sync
- A Little Google Takeout (Premium)
- Microsoft has a plan to try to improve Azure outage assistance
- Microsoft drops its Office 365 'Project Osaka' app before it ever launched
- Microsoft Lists and the Curious Case of Project Osaka
- Lemon Meringue Pie