Gates goeth gracefully, Microsoft innovation through time, hacking your life, and more.
- Gates leaves Microsoft full-time
- Return of the '70s Weirdos
- The "Gates and innovation" game
- Lifehacker: Hacking your life, and "Upgrade Your Life: the Lifehacker Guide to Working Smarter, Faster, Better" by Gina Trapani.
- Email: The zero inbox rule
- Live Mesh
- Yahoo and Microsoft, phase 3
- Hyper-V RTM
- Google Android delayed (sort of)
Vista tips of the week:
- Get (more) high-quality Vista wallpapers
- How to Make Windows Vista boot more quickly on dual-core machines was a hoax
Software of the week: John's Background Switcher
Microsoft product timeline through 1995: Detect the Innovation
Find out more about how to avoid DVT, deep-vein thrombosis.
Audible.com books of the week: In honor of Bill Gates, "Business @ the Speed of Thought: Using a Digital Nervous System" by Bill Gates, "Microsoft: First Generation (Unabridged)" by Cheryl Tsang, "World War 3.0: Microsoft and Its Enemies" by Ken Auletta (previous choice), (and various Charlie Rose interviews)