- Here's the real reason Microsoft is already testing 20H1
- Also: Windows Calculator is open-sourced for some reason. Could Notepad be next???
- Microsoft Edgium screenshots leak. Surprise, it looks like Chrome, not Edge. But that could change.
- Microsoft Band was dead two years ago, but now it's really, really dead. A look back at Microsoft Band from its biggest fan
- It's interesting to watch Intel follow Microsoft down the same path to the future
- The USB Promoter Group needs to be stopped: It announced USB 3.2 and then USB4 within a week of each other.
- And in "better late than never" news, MJF got to try the HoloLens 2 -- and may have discovered an interesting bug.
- Microsoft will allegedly ship a "disc-less" Xbox One S in May
- Plus: Microsoft plans to announce a new Xbox One console at E3 in June. Expect NvME storage and 4K/60 fps.
Tips and picks
- Tip of the week: Surface Pro 6 + Type Cover Bundle
- App pick of the week: Pocket Casts
- Plus: Grammarly Keyboard for iOS adds Dark theme, more.
- Enterprise pick of the week: Excel (mobile) can turn photos of table data into working spreadsheets
- Enterprise pick No. 2 of the week: Microsoft opens its first datacenters in Africa
- Beer pick of the week: Jack's Abby Barrel Aged Framinghammer
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.
- Here's the real reason Microsoft is already testing publicly next spring's Windows 10 release
- Microsoft Has Another Windows 10 19H1 Build Coming to Insiders
- Microsoft Releases Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18351
- Microsoft Releases Minor New Windows 10 20H1 Build
- Microsoft Is Open Sourcing…Windows Calculator
- Screenshots of Microsoft's coming Chromium-based Edge browser leak
- Microsoft to drop its Health applications and services on May 31; will offer some Band users refunds
- A Look Back at Microsoft Band (Premium)
- Intel Wants to be the Microsoft of Hardware (Premium)
- USB Couldn’t Be More Screwed Up (Premium)
- USB 3.2 to Double Performance on PCs
- USB4 = USB 3.x + Thunderbolt 3
- Hello, HoloLens 2
- Xbox One S “All Digital Edition” Expected in April
- Microsoft Has a Sweet Deal on the Surface Pro 6 Right Now
- Surface Pro 6 + Type Cover Bundle
- Pocket Casts 7 is Now Available on Android
- Grammarly Keyboard Picks Up Dark Theme, More on iOS
- Microsoft starts rolling out ability to turn photos of table data into Excel spreadsheets
- Microsoft's first African data centers are now open and serving up Azure.
- Framinghammer - Bourbon Barrel-Aged | Jack's Abby Brewing