Edge vs Chromium
- Is Microsoft about to switch rendering engines in its Windows 10 browser?
- Is this a good thing or bad thing for 1. the industry; 2. developers; 3. users (Yes, yes, and yes; let's debunk some myths.)
- Will it still be called Edge?
- Will it look/work like Edge does today? What about extensions, etc.?
- Windows RT failed. Windows 10 S Mode failed. Can Windows "Lite" succeed?
- Our guesses about how Windows Lite fits in with WCOS
- If this isn't called Windows, what should/might it be named? ("Yoghurt"? "DillyDally"?)
Related to these two topics, we need to talk about Terry Centaurus: The dual-screen successor to Andromeda
- If at first you don't succeed in landing a dual-screen pocketable device, should you try, try again?
- Microsoft is working on another attempt to take on Chromebooks with Centaurus
Xbox + Surface futures
- Brad drops a bombshell about the future of Xbox and for Surface too
Microsoft Connect roundup
- Microsoft open sources WPF, Winforms and WinUI
- Microsoft releases public preview 1 of Visual Studio 2019
- Microsoft open sources the ONNX inference engine
- Azure Machine Learning is now generally available
Microsoft v. FCC
- The FCC says that most Americans have access to broadband. Microsoft says that's not even close to reality.
Tips and picks
- Tip of the week: You can once again download the Windows 7 and 8.1 ISOs. But…
- Plus: Yes, Bootcamp still sucks
- App pick of the week: Typora
- Plus: Google Arts & Culture mobile app adds a cool AR Vermeer experience
- Enterprise pick of the week: CNAB
- Codename pick of the week: Chromium
- Beer pick of the week: Collective Arts Ransack the Universe
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.