- Microsoft accounts go password-less.
- Irony alert: Azure/Office 365 were just hit by a 2FA sign-in issue.
- Windows 10: 64-bit ARM apps are now a thing. What this solves and doesn't solve.
- Slippery slope: Microsoft tested ads in Windows Mail, got negative feedback, pretended it was just a test.
- Quality matters: between Windows 10 1809, Google Pixel 3, and Apple, it seems like the quality of the tech we use is going downhill. Is it?
- The Cortana RIP tour continues: Microsoft Store is selling Echo smart speakers now. And yet… the Cortana mobile UX update continues to rollout.
- Xbox One S to go disc-less in 2019.
- Now you can customize an Xbox controller right from your Xbox.
Tips and picks
- Tip of the week: Beneath a Surface: shipping next week!
- Also: The best deals from Microsoft's Black Friday sale.
- App pick of the week: Microsoft Launcher.
- Enterprise pick of the week: Microsoft buys FSLogix.
- Enterprise pick of the week No. 2: Cognitive services are now in containers (near you).
- Beer pick of the week: Goose Island Bourbon County Stout.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.