- The EU just handed Google a $5 billion fine for various abuses involving Android and its OEMs. Does this mean, as VERY weakly rumored, that MS is going to build an Android phone? No.
- Panos Panay tells Wired: There is no Surface Phone coming. Yes, Microsoft is still working on Andromeda, but it may be very different from the original plans. Our obsession with this thing is unhealthy. So let's keep talking about it.
- Teams is now available for free. This is a smart move, and Microsoft has moved quickly to catch up to Slack.
- Whiteboard arrives on iOS and web.
- Microsoft abruptly announces plans to kill Skype Classic on desktop.
- The PC market experienced sales growth for the first time in 6 years. But let's be serious. This market is still in decline overall.
- Xbox: Microsoft begins testing the Xbox One version of Redstone 5. Also, Microsoft May Finally Announce the Next-Gen Elite Controller next month. Tips and picks
- Tip of the week: Add Chrome or Firefox to Timeline in Windows 10
- App pick of the week: Alternative web browsers • Enterprise pick of the week: Office 365 for IT Pros: The regularly updated bible.
- Enterprise pick no. 2: Still on Win Server 2008/SQL Server 2008? Here's a new support option.
- Beer pick of the week: Shacksbury Rose Cider
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.
- Fact: The EU just handed Google a $5 billion fine for various abuses involving Android and its OEMs
- Microsoft Store employee claims a Microsoft-branded phone is launching soon
- Panos Panay: Microsoft is not working on a Surface Phone
- Microsoft Intune announces support for Android enterprise purpose-built devices
- The Andromeda Journey Continues
- Obsessed with Andromeda (Premium)
- Microsoft introduces a free version of Teams, going head-to-head with Slack
- Microsoft Teams Picks Up the Slack (Premium)
- Microsoft Brings Whiteboard to iOS and Web, Coming to Android in the Future
- Microsoft will end support for Skype 'Classic' after September 1
- The PC Industry (Barely) Grew for the First Time in 6 Years
- But … Let's be serious. This market is still in decline overall
- Kensington Announces a Surface Studio-like Dock for Surface Pro
- Microsoft Begins Testing Redstone 5 on Xbox One
- Microsoft May Finally Announce the Next-Gen Elite Controller Next Month
- How Amy Hood Won Back Wall Street and Helped Reboot Microsoft
- Tip: Add Your Chrome or Firefox Activity to Timeline
- Office 365 for IT Pros
- Microsoft offers Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 users a new way to extend support for free
- Shacksbury Rose Cider