- Satya Nadella speaks out against US immigration policy.
- Controversy of the week: April 2018 Update is fully deployable or something.
- Windows 10 Redstone 5: Microsoft is (finally) bringing SwiftKey to Windows 10 (and, at some point, autoplay blocking to Edge).
- Windows Server 2019: Microsoft releases first test build with Hyper-V 2019 preview.
- Microsoft's buying spree continues: Microsoft buys Flipgrid in continued education push, AI startup Bonsai.
- Adobe, Microsoft team on integrated PDF services for Office 365 commercial.
- Evernote comes to Microsoft Teams.
- Microsoft tries to be the un-Amazon for retail.
- Mobile: Paul is trying to transition to Microsoft Launcher on Android. Why? Also, Microsoft Edge for Android will soon feature integrated ad blocking.
- Xbox/games: the circle is now complete: COD: Modern Warfare 3 is now on Backward Compatibility, Fortnite is so successful that it's going to ruin Call of Duty.
Tips and picks
- Tip of the week: Use Microsoft Rewards
- App pick of the week: Google Podcasts and Tubi
- Codename pick of the week: Midori, Lingo, Lexington, Gibson
- Beer pick of the week: Revival Brewing Night Swimah
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.