Windows 10 April 2018 Update: Reports of problems continue, Microsoft continues to say it's all roses with 1803, but that's not what users are saying. Note: Paul called this three weeks ago based on his own experiences and feedback from readers. We can't know how many are affected (MS does), but MS needs to be more transparent on known issues, fixes, status, etc. Related: Microsoft Edge is not progressing fast enough. Why did Microsoft make it this way, and what should be done to fix this? Semi-related: HoloLens devices start getting the April 2018 update. Semi-related: Intel discloses new Spectre vulnerability. But there's some good news. Look who's talking, too: Microsoft's Xiaoice bot is getting smarter: Google's not the only one with an assistant that can talk like a human, why wasn't this thing announced at BUILD? Microsoft marketing needs a kick in the you know what. Related: PC makers are choosing Alexa over Cortana. Related: What does the Semantic Machines purchase mean to Cortana? Related: Watch out Alexa. Google's coming home SharePoint Spaces: Mixed reality comes to... Microsoft's document collaboration and management platform: Is this a smart idea or has Microsoft jumped the shark? Paul: Microsoft, meet shark. Related: New to the OneDrive roadmap as of this week Xbox June Update for Xbox One will bring some much-needed new features. Here comes Black Ops 4!
- Tip of the week: Work towards curing your smartphone addiction
- App pick of the week: Twitter LIte/Twitter for Windows 10
- Enterprise pick of the week: SharePoint Server 2019
- Codename pick of the week: Andromeda and Polaris
- Beer pick of the week: Almanac Rose Sour
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.
- Redmond, We Have a Problem
- All the issues of Windows 10 version 1803 you may run into
- Patch Lady – early trending issues with 1803
- Windows 10 April 2018 Update problems: Users struggle with mystery 'black screen'
- What is Microsoft Edge? What Should it Be?
- Microsoft steps up its business push with its Windows 10 April 2018 Update for the HoloLens
- Intel Finds New Spectre Derivative
- Microsoft: Our chatbots can converse like humans, too
- PC Makers are Embracing Alexa
- Hey Cortana, Microsoft is Buying a Conversational AI Startup
- Watch Out Alexa, Google is Coming Home
- Microsoft to add mixed reality support to SharePoint with SharePoint Spaces
- Microsoft Talks Up Coming OneDrive Updates
- Xbox One to Pick Up Game and App Grouping, More in June
- Activision Formally Launches Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Twitter PWA Picks Up Night Mode, More
- Welcome to SharePoint Server 2019, a modern platform for choice and flexibility
- "Windows Core" and "Polaris"
- What is Microsoft's AndromedaOS?
- What is Microsoft's 'Polaris' project?
- Almanac Rosé Sour