Yes, Polaris is real. No, it's not a new version of Windows. Microsoft corrects an Intel patch. Windows Defender to crack down on scareware starting March 1. The Windows 10 in-box apps suck. Story Remix in Photos gets a big update. Windows Camera getting an update. Rumor of the week: Microsoft to buy EA? Please be true. Plan B: Valve. Plan C: PUBG. Plan D: MJF jumps off the roof (clutching an Xbox). Related: Microsoft buys PlayFab (there's an Azure angle to all this). Related: Over 4 million people on PUBG for Xbox One now. Microsoft Teams gets its biggest update since its launch last March. By the way, why is there no Teams client app in the Microsoft Store? Maybe because PWAs not coming until Spring? We mentioned this in passing last week, but it's true: The Office 365 apps are in the Microsoft Store now. (For Office 365 Home and Personal only, for now). Coming up after the bell: MS Q2 FY 2018 earnings.
- Tip of the week: Get two Sonos speakers for the price of one HomePod.
- Plus: Buy any Xbox One and get a free game. Yes, including X!
- App pick of the week: OneDrive and Office apps for iOS
- Plus: Ink to Code, an intriguing new app generator
- Enterprise pick of the week: Azure Standard Support
- 'Microspeak' pick of the week: Pentad
- Beer pick of the week: Avery Ginger Sour
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.