Top 5 Microsoft stories of 2017!
MJF's picks - stuff that fell under the radar:
- MS reorganizes sales staff
- Growth mindset mania
- Windows as a service
- Big bundles
- Everybody's a friend, nobody's an enemy
PT's picks - hottest stories:
- Windows as a service
- Progressive web apps
- Xbox One X
- AR and VR
- Windows 10 Snapdragon
More information and more questions since last week's event. There are obvious issues, but this is the future of the platform and it matters. Snapdragon 845 is huge, but how will these new features impact the PC? MS is working on more eSIM and power management capabilities for Always Connected PCs. Microsoft Edge usage is apparently even worse than we thought. Cortana now works with Google Calendar. Windows 10 whiteboard app is now in public preview. Microsoft claims education gains, but are they true? Team me up, Scotty! Teams is starting to get some of the advanced calling features MS promised, but full guest access for Teams is delayed until next year. MS Quantum Computing dev kit is here minus the quantum computers.
Tip of the Week: 12 Days of Microsoft Deals. Today's deal is $200 off Windows Mixed Reality headsets.
App Pick of the Week: Stardock Groupy is here and PUBG arrives on Xbox One!
Enterprise Pick of the Week: Biz users beware of possible Microsoft support price hikes.
Codename Pick of the Week: Cobalt.
Beer Pick of the Week: Firestone Walker Helldorado.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.
- 5 Microsoft Highlights in 2017 that Fell Under the Radar
- In Defense of Windows 10 on Snapdragon
- Thinking About Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845
- Windows 10 to get new cellular connectivity, power-management improvements
- Microsoft Edge is an Outright Disaster
- Cortana Now Works With Google Calendar
- Microsoft opens up its Windows 10 Whiteboard app for public preview
- Microsoft Touts ‘Strong Growth’ for Windows in Education
- Thinking About Windows 10, Chromebook, and the Education Market
- Microsoft Teams gets calling to external phone systems functionality
- Microsoft delays rollout of full Guest Access for Teams
- Microsoft’s Foldable Phone Shows Up Again in New Patents
- Microsoft releases free preview of its Quantum Development Kit
- Get $200 Off Select Windows Mixed Reality Headsets Today
- Stardock Groupy Delivers Tabbed Windows Ahead of Microsoft
- PUBG Arrives on Xbox Today, But You Shouldn’t Buy it (Yet)
- Microsoft's new Unified Support plan may result in price increases
- Microsoft's x86 on ARM64 emulation: A Windows 10 'Redstone 3' Fall 2017 feature
- Beer pick of the week: Firestone Walker Helldorado