What did Microsoft know about problems with its Surface devices and when did officials know it? PT has seen a leaked memo and has the scoop - And some follow-up context. Even if Consumer Reports' methodology is questionable and MS has turned the corner, can Microsoft recover from being dinged? What does this incident mean for next-generation Surface-branded devices? For MS' relationship with Intel? Microsoft adds Windows 10 S support to new Surface Pro. NFL expands usage of Surface (Pro 4). Microsoft is changing Windows 10 to meet all of Kaspersky's demands Windows 10 Pro for Workstations is a thing. So now there are almost ten (or more, depending on how you count) different editions of Win 10. Three new SKUs this year alone: Windows 10 S, Windows 10 Business and now this. Windows 10 S: Yea or Nay? Brad: It's almost ready. Paul: Almost ready means "not ready." Intel's 8th generation Core processor reveal is August 21. Devices coming this holiday. .NET Core 2.0 is out. What is this thing? And why is Microsoft taking a mulligan on .NET? Microsoft buys Cycle Computing, a cloud orchestration company (that's partnered with AWS, Google, too). Microsoft takes the wraps off Azure Event Grid service. Shields up: LinkedIn Messaging is adding a new online presence feature that's turned on by default. (boo!) Xbox Insider Program is a bit more open, a lot more complex. The first Xbox Live Creators Program games are here.
- Tip of the week: You can finally edit contacts in Outlook for Android/iOS.
- App pick of the week: OneDrive for iOS
- Enterprise pick of the week: Coco Framework
- Codename pick of the week: Ice Lake
- Beer pick of the week: Victory Prima Pils Mark your calendars! Windows Weekly is coming to Microsoft Ignite in Orlando, and we're having a meetup the day before the show! Tuesday, Sept. 26 -- Starts 6 pm no RSVP at World of Beer/Dr. Phillips: https://worldofbeer.com/Locations/DrPhillips (Thanks to Gary Pretty for all the legwork for this one!)
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.
- Here’s What Microsoft is Saying Internally About Surface Quality and Reliability
- Internal memo claims Microsoft may have turned the corner on Surface Pro 4, Surface Book customer dissatisfaction
- Microsoft begins deploying fix for ongoing Band 2 sync issue
- Microsoft Adds Windows 10 S Support to New Surface Pro
- NFL Expands Its Microsoft Surface Usage
- Microsoft is Changing Windows 10 to Meet Kaspersky Demands
- Microsoft confirms new Windows 10 Pro for Workstations edition
- With the Windows Store Maturing, Windows 10 S is Almost Ready For Me (Premium)
- Living with Windows 10 S: It’s Just Not Ready (Yet)
- 8th-generation Intel Core processors unveiling next week
- Microsoft's .NET Core 2.0: What's new and why it matters
- Microsoft acquires cloud-computing orchestration vendor Cycle Computing
- Microsoft takes the wraps off new Azure Event Grid service
- Microsoft's new LinkedIn Messaging's 'Active Status' is on by default
- Xbox Insider Program Gets a Bit More Open, a Lot More Complex
- First Xbox Live Creators Program Games are Now Available
- You Can Now Edit Contacts in Outlook for Android and iOS
- Microsoft Issues a Major Update to OneDrive on iOS
- Microsoft debuts Coco Framework to improve blockchain performance, privacy
- Intel Officially Reveals Post-8th Generation Core Architecture Code Name: Ice Lake, Built on 10nm+
- Prima Pils | Victory Brewing Company - Downingtown
- Windows Weekly is coming to Microsoft Ignite in Orlando