The march to April's Creators update continues. Slowly but surely we're getting closer to the update. Paul explains what the point is of Windows Defender Security Center and how many security solutions you really need running at one instance. The Windows 7 problem that's emerging as Windows 10 gains share among users. Leo learns how to use Windows 10 Tablet mode. What Would Microsoft Do in Germany data centers? SharePoint-OneDrive finally synching, which leads to the first Dad Joke of the week: Putting the One in OneDrive. Xbox One has four Rings for update frequencies: Which Ring do you belong to? Redmond halls: Layoffs, new CTO, Q2 FY17 earnings tomorrow.
- Tip of the week: AT&T Finally Offers a Day Pass for International Usage.
- Mobile App pick of the week: Cubway by ArmNomads Games
- Enterprise pick of the week: Windows 10 subscriptions now available for free through CSPs
- Beer pick of the week: Tröegs Nugget Nectar
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.
- Microsoft debuts ebook support as part of latest Windows 10 test build
- Microsoft Delays Windows 10’s My People Feature
- Sorry, What Exactly is the Point of Windows Defender Security Center?
- Microsoft Kills Its Cache App and Service
- Windows Insiders Will Get Game Mode This Week
- Microsoft’s Windows 7 Problem Isn’t Going Away
- Microsoft turns on Office 365 in its managed German datacenters
- The appeals court was split 4-4, ensuring a previous ruling in Microsoft's favor remained intact.
- Microsoft’s Adding New Features To OneDrive For Business
- Microsoft Announces Office 365 January Updates
- Microsoft’s Surface Update History Points To ‘Upcoming Products’
- Microsoft Quietly Introduces Surface Pro 4 Model Without a Pen
- How Microsoft Can Improve Surface Book for 2017
- Thurrott Daily: January 25
- Here's how Microsoft will determine which Xbox Insider ring you'll start in
- Microsoft Ships First Xbox One Creators Update Build to Some Insiders
- Microsoft Launches Two New Xbox One S Bundles
- Resident Evil 7 to be First Major Third Party Xbox Play Anywhere Title
- Microsoft to cut 700 employees in next layoff round: Report
- Microsoft names LinkedIn infrastructure chief as company CTO
- AT&T Finally Offers a Day Pass for International Usage
- Windows 10 Creators Update Preview
- Microsoft to make Windows 10 upgrades free for more Windows 10 subscription plan users
- Microsoft: Migration to the new Outlook.com is 99.9 percent done