Nov 21st 2011
Windows Weekly 236
The PC Plus Era
Rumors of Windows 8, Microsoft's Windows, Windows, Windows, strategy, Windows Phone hitting 40k apps, Where is Silverlight 5? and more.
Records live every Wednesday at 2:00pm Eastern / 11:00am Pacific/ 19:00 UTC.
Guests: Iyaz AkhtarRumors of Windows 8, Microsoft's Windows, Windows, Windows, strategy, Windows Phone hitting 40k apps, Where is Silverlight 5 and more. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/ww. We invite you to read, add to, and amend our show notes. For a free credit toward the audiobook of your choice, visit Audible.com/windows. Check out Paul's blog at the SuperSite for Windows. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Derek K. Miller.
- About the Improved Setup Experience in Windows 8
- Microsoft seeking testers for next release of MSE
- Dryad vs. Hadoop: And the winner is....
- Where is Silverlight 5?
- Tip of the week: Backup your music collection to the cloud
- Enterprise pick of the week: Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2012 -- beta 2 now downloadable
- Software pick of the week: iTunes Match, part of Apple iCloud
- Codename pick of the week: Project Sydney (Azure Connect)