Windows 7 RTM, Windows 7 E, Home Server Power Pack 3, Chrome OS, and more.
- Windows 7 RTM is done, OEMs have it now, MSDN/Technet get it August 6th, and you can get it October 22nd.
- Windows 7 E
- Windows 7 E Editions
- Office 2010 Technical Preview
- Google Chrome OS, and what it means for you, Microsoft, and Apple.
Software picks of the week:
- Foof for Firefox An ad blocker that works with Windows, Mac, and Linux. Thanks to Peter Chase.
- PortableApps Allows you to run loads of different applications directly from a USB key. Thanks to Jon West
Tip of the week:
- Get ready for Windows 7 - Prepare a number of backups (including document/data backups as well a full system image backup if possible). Think about doing a clean install of the OS even if you have Vista and can upgrade. If you're installing on an existing PC, add a new drive or partition for the simplest install and the ability to dual boot with your old OS if something goes wrong. Be mindful of the tiered release schedule and try to get your hands on the OS as soon as you can, according to your abilities. Need to a new PC? You'd be better off waiting in my opinion.
Audible pick of the week: Alexander Hamilton, Unabridged, By Ron Chernow, Narrated by Scott Brick. For a free credit toward the audiobook of your choice, visit Audible.com/windows.
Check out Paul's blog at the SuperSite for Windows for more information.