Jul 26th 2019
Alex Howard on Digital Governance
Denise Howell speaks with independent writer, digital governance expert, and open government advocate Alex Howard. They discuss the 'Post-truth' era, the Honest Ads Act that he helped draft due to the lack of transparency for political ad spending online, how the ways politicians and governments use social media matters, the issues of content moderating, Facebook's $5 billion fine from the FTC over privacy breaches, and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/triangulation.
- E Pluribus Unum
- Alex Howard on Project Text
- Alex Howard on Twitter
- The Government Has an Instagram Problem
- An Election With No Facebook Ads? Meet the Digital Black Hole States
- Content moderators at YouTube, Facebook and Twitter see the worst of the web — and suffer silently
- Facebook Agrees to Extensive New Oversight as Part of $5 Billion Settlement