May 31st 2019
Brian Hofer on Facial Recognition and Surveillance Tech
Denise Howell speaks with the driving force behind San Francisco's facial recognition ban and Executive Director of Secure Justice, Brian Hofer. They discuss the state of facial recognition technology, the reasoning behind the ban, how the mission creep of mass surveillance technologies affect civil liberties, and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/triangulation.
- The Man Behind San Francisco’s Facial Recognition Ban Is Working on More. Way More.
- AOC: Facial Recognition Is Growing Amid "A Global Rise In Authoritarianism And Fascism”
- Concern over facial recognition technology unites progressives and conservatives in Congress
- Police Are Feeding Celebrity Photos into Facial Recognition Software to Solve Crimes
- This Chinese facial recognition start-up can identify a person in seconds
- Brainwash is a dataset of webcam images taken from the Brainwash Cafe in San Francisco