Apr 5th 2019
Kate O'Neill - Tech Humanist
Denise Howell speaks with author Kate O'Neill, The Tech Humanist”, about her new book, "Tech Humanist: How You Can Make Technology Better for Business and Better for Humans." They discuss her background, she was one of the first 100 employees at Netflix, her viral Tweets and article on the Ten Year Challenge, as well as reports that IBM used photos from millions of Flickr users, without their consent or knowledge, to train its facial recognition tech, and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/triangulation.
- Tech Humanist: How You Can Make Technology Better for Business and Better for Humans
- Pixels and Place: Connecting Human Experience Across Physical and Digital Spaces
- Facial recognition's 'dirty little secret': Millions of online photos scraped without consent
- To fix the web, give it back to the users
- Privacy, Data, and the Consumer: What US Thinks About Sharing Data