Jan 9th 2022
This Week in Tech 857
New World Disorder
The future of finance, Web3, NASA Webb Telescope, synthetic biology, CES 2022
- Amy introduces the Futurist episode.
- The Future Today Institute's 14th Annual Tech Trends Report.
- Moxie Marlinspike - My first impressions of web3.
- Jack Dorsey says VCs really own Web3 (and Web3 boosters are pretty mad about it).
- Chris Dixon and Naval Ravikant — The Wonders of Web3, How to Pick the Right Hill to - Climb, Finding the Right Amount of Crypto Regulation, Friends with Benefits, and the Untapped Potential of NFTs.
- The rise of the alt-coins.
- Oh look, it's a Tesla traffic jam in Las Vegas' Boring Company tunnel.
- NASA’s Webb Telescope Reaches Major Milestone as Mirror Unfolds.
- CES attendance down more than 75%, organizers say.
- LG Display brought a reclining curved OLED throne to CES this year.
- Change your car's colour with an app: BMW unveils color-changing car.
- CES 2022: The humanoid robot, Ameca, revealed at CES show.
- Abbott tells CES it’s getting into consumer biowearables.
- The Genesis Machine: Our Quest to Rewrite Life in the Age of Synthetic Biology by Amy Webb.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit