Jan 21st 2007
This Week in Tech 85
Hosted by Leo Laporte
Adam and Patrick joust over Joost, Pirate Bay tries to buy a nation, and Steve Ballmer giggles nervously...
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
Adam and Patrick joust over Joost and Pirate Bay tries to buy a nation, while Steve Ballmer giggles nervously...
- The Pirate Bay plans to buy Sealand.
- All of MP3 seems to still be alive and well.
- Sign a petition to allow Virgin Atlantic to run out of America and take a tour of their new airplanes: Let VA Fly.
- Netflix has begun streaming movies.
- There are quite a few songs that are prohibit wireless sharing.
- There are pink zunes floating around that are going on sale on eBay.
- Apple's profit has risen 78%.
- Walt Mossberg has said that Vista is the best version of Windows yet, but is still largely unexciting.
- A French player has reached level seventy in World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade in 28 hours.
- Watch the user's process to get to level 70.
- Apple has included 802.11n chips in the new Core 2 Duo machines, but to receive the patch upgrade, they will have to charge you $1.99 for accounting purposes.
- AT&T conceded some topics regarding their viewpoint of net neutrality.
- Net neutrality is back in the new Congress.
- Record companies and congress have taken on satellite radio.
- Apple has called the Cisco iPhone lawsuit "silly."
- Microsoft's CEO Ballmer has ridiculed the iPhone.
- The on screen keyboard on the Nokia N800 has been growing on Adam.
- Former Ziff Davis executive Natlie del Conte will start a new podcast on Podshow called Tech Check.
- Watch full screen p2p IPTV content on Joost.
- Ziff Davis has sold EGM and 1up.