Jan 14th 2007
This Week in Tech 84
Hahn, I'm Home!
Hosted by Leo Laporte
Our CES post-mortem...
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
Our CES post-mortem
- None of the CES announcements could overshadow the iPhone.
- Bill Gates will be presenting the Microsoft keynote in 2008.
- LG introduced its HD-DVD and Blu-Ray combo player.
- Warner Bros made a dual-format disc.
- The porn industry has chosen HD-DVD.
- Vista will be crippled by content protection.
- The Apple TV supports HD, but the only iTunes content available is 480p.
- The UK's Tube now costs £4.
- Sharp introduced a 108-inch television at CES.
- A lawsuit may delay the production of SED-TVs.
- Sharp now has 120Hz televisions.
- Robert Heron just bought a 46" Sharp Aquos.
- Sony demoed a 27-inch OLED television.
- At Macworld, the iPhones were inside of bell jars.
- Microsoft and Ford confirmed a deal.
- The SlingCatcher takes your media off the Internet to your TV.
- The Mogo Mouse is a small mouse that will fit in a laptop's PC card slot.
- The Pirate Bay is trying to buy an island to prevent lawsuits against them. Donate to become a citizen!
- Check out InDigital to find the results of their home theater showdown.