Dec 20th 2020
This Week in Tech 802
The Year in Review
SolarWinds, COVID-19, Zoom, Big Tech, Social Media, Elon Musk, 5G, Amazon
- SolarWinds, the biggest case of cyber-espionage yet.
- COVID-19 and the dramatic effect of it on the tech industry.
- How effective has Contact Tracing been?
- The brilliance of mRNA for the vaccine.
- Will WFH be permanent going forward?
- The "real" threat of TikTok.
- Facebook's attack on Apple.
- The benefactors of COVID-19.
- The many times big tech went to Washington.
- How Section 230 could change the Internet.
- 5G and the promises that haven't been fulfilled.
- How Intel lost ground to ARM.
- The many products released during 2020.
- A summary of predictions for 2021.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
- FireEye says some internal systems were hacked by nation state actors, compromising its Red Team tools
- U.S. Treasury, Commerce Depts. Hacked Through SolarWinds Compromise
- Here are the latest major events that have been canceled or postponed because of the coronavirus
- Google and Apple launching coronavirus contact-tracing system for iOS and Android - The Verge
- Remote Work Is Reshaping San Francisco, as Tech Workers Flee and Rents Fall
- The Privileged Have Entered Their Escape Pods
- Quibi is coming, with the worst — or maybe best — timing
- Zoom became Saturday Night Live’s breakout star in historic all digital, remote episode
- Zoom apologizes for security failures, says it has 200M+ DAUs vs. 10M in Dec
- ‘Zoombombing’: When Video Conferences Go Wrong
- 21 major companies that have announced employees can work remotely long-term
- Coronavirus Is Shutting Schools. Is America Ready for Virtual Learning?
- US 'looking at' banning TikTok and Chinese social media apps: Pompeo
- Apple, Amazon, Facebook, and Microsoft all hit record highs as the Nasdaq Composite broke 10,000 for the first time, alongside s
- Trump threatens to veto major defense bill unless Congress repeals Section 230, a legal shield for tech giants
- 5G phones in 2020: iPhone 12, Galaxy Note 20, Pixel 5 and more
- Elon Musk Tweets 'Free America Now' ahead of Tesla Quarterly Results
- Grimes & Elon Musk named their new baby X Æ A-12, gave it a face-tat filter
- SpaceX launches two NASA astronauts to space for the first time in historic US mission
- "Elon Musk demonstrates brain-computer tech Neuralink in live pigs "
- Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates to Grab World’s Second-Richest Ranking
- Briefing: Former Google and Uber Self-Driving Car Engineer Pleads Guilty to Trade Secret Theft — The Information
- Uber, After Years of Trying, Is Handing Off Its Self-Driving Car Project
- The End of an Era at Intel