Dec 6th 2020
This Week in Tech 800
It's Coming from Leo2
Salesforce buys Slack, Warner Bros' HBO Max deal, Ajit Pai, Timnit Gebru
- Salesforce buys Slack for $27.7b.
- Prop. 24 and the challenges of paying for privacy.
- The Apple M1 chip is fast!
- Apple gets fined in Italy for misleading iPhone claims.
- Apple's Best of 2020 apps list is out.
- Josh Elman, a venture capitalist, is hired by Apple.
- AI scientist Timnit Gebru is fired by Google.
- Facebook's Oversight Board announces its first cases.
- COVID misinformation will be removed from Facebook.
- Chris Krebs details foreign threat over vaccine IP.
- Warner Media's vision of HBO Max.
- Warner Bros' announces day and date release on HBO Max in 2021.
- The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act is under threat.
- resident Trump threatens changes to Section 230.
- TikTok's December 4 deadline is not being enforced.
- FCC Chairman Ajit Pai announces his plan to exit the department.
- China's claim of Quantum Supremacy.
- Arecibo Observatory footage that shows its collapse.
- Lab-grown meat will go on sale for the first time.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
- More than 1,200 Google workers condemn firing of AI scientist Timnit Gebru
- Salesforce acquires Slack for $27.7b
- How Microsoft crushed Slack
- Italy Fines Apple $12 Million for Misleading iPhone Water Resistance Claims
- Apple announces Best of 2020 apps
- Apple Hires Prominent Venture Capitalist for App Store Role
- Why Is Apple’s M1 Chip So Fast?
- Facebook to remove misinformation about Covid vaccines
- First six cases accepted by the Oversight Board are announced; public comment period open
- Sources: the US will not extend the December 4 deadline for TikTok's forced sale
- The home of the Sopranos is under siege: Inside the battle for the soul of HBO
- Warner Bros. will release all of its new 2021 movies simultaneously on HBO Max
- Trump threatens to veto major defense bill unless Congress repeals Section 230, a legal shield for tech giants
- FCC Chairman Ajit Pai to Exit Commission After President-Elect Biden Takes Office
- ICE Is Trying To Force BuzzFeed News To Divulge Its Sources
- California's Prop. 24 Splits Privacy Advocates
- China Stakes Its Claim to Quantum Supremacy
- SCOTUS worries about CFAA's sweeping nature
- Arecibo Observatory: Video: Footage of Collapse Arecibo Observatory
- No-kill, lab-grown meat to go on sale for first time
- Navigate: Christina Crook