Oct 25th 2020
This Week in Tech 794
Pulmonary Gold Disease
AOC Streams Among US, iPhone Reviews, RIP Quibi
- Politicians go gamer: AOC streams Among Us, Biden's Animal Crossing Island
- How campaigning on social media is changing
- Did social media break democracy?
- Bot orders $18,752 of McFlurrys every minute
- iPhone 12 reviews are in - the flat edges are cool, 5G is not.
- Quibi fails after only 6 months
- Google Stadia developer says streamers should be paying game developers for the right to stream their games
- DOJ sues Google over antitrust
- Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg will testify before Senate Judiciary Committee on November 17th
- The US government goes after Section 230
- Judge says the US government can't ban WeChat
- Edward Snowden gets permanent residence in Russia
- RIAA takes down 18 GitHub projects for downloading YouTube videos
- Adobe Max introduces controversial AI filters
- iPhone 12 - are you skipping this year?
- Xbox Series x or Playstation 5?
- The coolest electric cars
*Correction*: Adobe does not sanction the "Make Her Smile" video. Attributing this video to Adobe was an error on TWiT's part.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
- A tsunami of iPhone 12 reviews
- The iPhone 12 is expected to be the most successful since the iPhone 6 and Analyst Ming-Chi Guo releases his latest report
- Justice Department Files Long-Awaited Antitrust Suit Against Google - WSJ
- Bill Barr's Google 'Antitrust Inquiry' Is A Weaponized Farce | Techdirt
- Google Locks In Search Monopoly With $1 Billion to Carriers
- How Mark Zuckerberg Learned Politics
- Former Facebook employees describe tests of News Feed algorithm changes
- Twitter will make it harder to retweet before the U.S. election
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Streams On Twitch With Hasan Piker And Pokimane, Draws Over 430,000 Viewers
- Among Us: You're the Impostor - The New York Times
- The official Biden HQ in Animal Crossing has poll booths, ice cream, and no malarkey
- Blatant Hypocrite Ajit Pai Decides To Move Forward With Bogus, Unconstitutional Rulemaking On Section 230 | Techdirt
- Senate Republicans' BS Talking Points on Their Section 230 Bill, Debunked
- Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee
- Senate Republicans vote to subpoena Facebook and Twitter CEOs
- US judge stands firm in decision to block ban on WeChat | Engadget
- Meg Whitman and Jeffrey Katzenberg confirm Quibi is shutting down
- (One day earlier) Quibi apps arrive on Apple TV, Android TV, and Fire TV
- RIAA blitz takes down 18 GitHub projects used for downloading YouTube videos | ZDNet
- Bot orders $18,752 of McSundaes every 30 min. to find if machines are working
- On the Week of the Election, Social Media Must Go Dark
- Adobe can change a sky, add a smile in seconds with Photoshop
- Social Peacocking and the Shadow
- The real truth is the streamers should be paying the developers and publishers of the games they stream.