Sep 27th 2020
This Week in Tech 790
The Snaggletooth Network
TikTok Ban, Amazon Drone Camera, Pixel 5
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 Review
- Is TikTok banned yet?
- The Palantir IPO is coming up. Should you invest?
- Amazon Sidewalk is a terrifying sci-fi security network
- Amazon's new Ring security cam flies around your house and lets you know if you left your stove on
- Google Pixel 5 preview - We already know everything about it, except the price. Will it be an inexpensive premium phone?
- 5G is still BS. When will that change?
- Epic Games, Spotify, and Tile form a Rebel Alliance to fight Apple. Europe and Facebook are fighting them too. When will Apple come around?
- Streaming gaming is the future. Physical media will die. Get over it.
- Microsoft buys Bethesda for $7.5 BILLION dollars
- GTA is the most valuable media series in the world
- Quibi is a failure. They are up for sale 6 months after their launch.
- Republicans hate the Three-Body Problem and want Netflix to drop it.
- The upcoming Foundation TV series and Dune movie make us want to re-read our childhood favorites. Should we?
- Rent a goat for your next Zoom call!
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
- Epic Games, Spotify, and Tile Form 'Coalition for App Fairness' to 'Fight Back' Against Apple
- Google celebrates 22nd birthday, together but from a distance - CNET
- Google Pixel 5 leaks in official renders w/ 107° FOV wide-angle camera, 4K60 video, more
- Amazon’s 2020 hardware event: all of the news and announcements
- Ring's Mailbox Sensor lets you know if someone's messing with your mail - CNET
- Ring’s latest security camera is a drone that flies around inside your house - The Verge
- Amazon Sidewalk is coming to your neighborhood. Here's what that means - CNET
- U.S. Cites Saturday Ruling Against 3 TikTok Users to Defend Ban
- TikTok's Fate Coming to a Head
- DOJ files its opposition to TikTok's request to halt Trump ban, says blocking the ban will infringe on Trump's authority
- ‘There’s No There There’: What the TikTok Deal Achieved - The New York Times
- In the WeChat, TikTok U.S. shut down order, TikTok gets Nov 12 delay
- China Calls TikTok Deal 'Extortion'; Says It Will Not Approve
- Microsoft to Buy Bethesda for $7.5 Billion to Boost Xbox - Bloomberg
- Quibi reportedly weighs selling itself less than 6 months after launching - CNET
- Netflix Stands Firm on Its Plan to Adapt Chinese Sci-Fi Novel
- Book a goat for your next Zoom call
- 5 Things to Know About Palantir's Upcoming IPO
- Samsung’s new smartphone: Know when to fold ’em