Jul 5th 2020
This Week in Tech 778
In the Zoom Where It Happens
Apple Glasses, iOS 14 Privacy, and Hamilton on Disney+
- Is Apple pulling away from the competition?
- Is Intel dying?
- Snap Spectacles third edition arrives in India
- Google buys North, makers of Focals smart glasses
- Where are Alexis Ohanian and Pete Cashmore?
- Mark Gurman has the scoop on Apple Glasses
- Lidar technology could drive Apple business for the next decade
- The Race After Technology and holography
- Is technology making life too fast?
- iOS 14 highlights ad tracking - advertisers are not happy about it.
- iOS 14 outs Tik Tok and LinkedIn for snooping on the clipboard
- Apple says no to 16 Web APIs for Safari for security reasons
- Ad tracking is big business for Google, Facebook, and Spotify
- What is the future of brick and mortar? Warehouses with curbside delivery?
- Advertizers boycotting Facebook, but they'll be back
- Microsoft wants to "upskill" 25 million workers for high-demand jobs
- Eye Mouth Eye Twitter trend tricks tech Twitter into donating to Black Lives Matter charities
- Anonymous shopping cart abandoner causes chaos for online vendors - here's who is to blame
- Lululemon buys Mirror for half a billion dollars
- Hamilton premieres on Disney+ to rave reviews
- BMW does a press event in VR to show off their subscription heated seats
- With NFC and ultrawideband, your phone can be your car key
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
- The Video Call Is Starting. Time to Put on Your Zoom Shirt.
- Above Avalon: Apple Is Pulling Away From the Competition
- Snap Spectacles 2, Spectacles 3 launched in India starting at Rs 14,999
- Google acquires smart glasses company North, whose Focals 2.0 won’t ship | TechCrunch
- Apple's ARKit 4 anchors 3D reality into real-world Maps locations
- Apple’s Secretive AR and VR Headset Plans Altered by Internal Differences
- Why tech made racial injustice worse, and how to fix it
- Apple Just Crippled IDFA, Sending An $80 Billion Industry Into Upheaval
- LinkedIn says it will stop repeatedly copying iOS clipboard
- Apple declined to implement 16 Web APIs in Safari due to privacy concerns | ZDNet
- Opinion | How the Facebook Boycott Could Just Make Facebook Stronger - POLITICO
- Microsoft pledges to upskill 25 million workers for the 'COVID-19 economy' | VentureBeat
- The 'Eye Mouth Eye' Debacle Sums Up Tech's Race Issues - Wired
- Lululemon is buying exercise hardware startup Mirror for half a billion dollars - The Verge
- BMW’s Rad VR Presentation Previews Potentially Uncool Subscription Model for Car Options
- Apple's Digital Car Key Coming to Broad Array of BMW Models Manufactured After July 1, Requires iOS 13.6, android already does t