May 31st 2020
This Week in Tech 773
The Duchess of Sealand
- Trump vs Twitter, SpaceX, George Floyd Protests
- Trump vs Twitter: what is Section 230?
- Trump vs Twitter: what does Trump's executive order say?
- Trump vs Twitter: who would be hurt most by Trump's executive order?
- Trump vs Twitter: who gets to determine "truth"?
- Trump vs Twitter: France passes a law that platforms must remove illegal content within 24 hours
- SpaceX launches humans into space from American soil for the first time in 9 years
- Google postpones Android 11 beta launch due to protests
- Switzerland's Apple/Google COVID contact tracing app vs France's StopCovid app
- France offers Twitter a new home if they want to leave America. What country do you think Twitter should move to?
- Microsoft lays off dozens of journalists, will replace them with AI. Journalist Bill Detwiler desperately defends his fellow humans.
- US House of Representatives to vote to allow FBI to read your browser history without a warrant
- HBO Max is one streaming service too many
- Amazon Look style camera will stop working in July. Denise Howell's Instagram will never be the same
- Some Good News sells to CBS
- Pokemon Go Fest this July will be fully virtual
- Baratunde Thurston, author of "How to be Black" discusses his reaction to the racial events of the past week
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
- First App Using Apple and Google's Exposure Notification API Launches in Switzerland
- Schneier on COVID-19 Contact Tracing Apps
- Which U.S. states are using Apple’s Exposure Notification API for COVID-19 contact tracing?
- Apple's Bluetooth policy is blocking contact-tracing app, France says
- Google postpones Android 11 unveiling amid U.S. protests
- Android Developers on Twitter
- Twitter labels Trump’s tweets with a fact-check for the first time - The Washington Post
- Let’s go through Trump’s terrible internet censorship order, line by line
- Trump's social media EO, if enacted, would create problems for him
- Twitter adds a rule violation notice to Trump's tweet threatening Minneapolis protestors
- France Says Twitter Would Be Welcome If It Decides to Leave U.S.
- Principality of Sealand
- Mark Zuckerberg: Social media platforms shouldn't fact-check Trump - CNET
- “Social media should not fact check posts” says child molester Mark Zuckerberg
- Why Section 230 Is Better Than the First Amendment
- Trump’s “Preventing Online Censorship” Executive Order Is Pro-Censorship Political Theater
- Once More With Feeling: There Is No Legal Distinction Between A 'Platform' And A 'Publisher'
- House expected to vote on search and browsing privacy this week
- Minnesota is now using contact tracing to track protestors
- Showing Up for Racial Justice
- HBO Max is live: $15/mo for a massive library, significant headaches
- Meet John Krasinski’s secret weapon that helped make ‘Some Good News’ a hit
- SpaceX successfully launches first crew to orbit, ushering in new era of spaceflight
- Niantic announces fully-virtual Pokémon GO Fest, July 25-26
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- Baratunde Thurston