May 24th 2020
This Week in Tech 772
52 Cents & a Bag of Pop Chips
- Microsoft Build Highlights, Surface Earbuds Review, Minecraft's Biggest Month
- College Board sued over flawed online AP tests
- Minecraft Dungeons Review
- Minecraft hits 162 Million users/month
- Former TWiT Producer OMGChad's OMGCraft hits 1,000,000 YouTube subscribers!
- Satya Nadella's "RGV2cw" Easter Egg spells "Devs" in Base 64
- All the easter eggs in the Microsoft Build 2020 livestream
- Microsoft Build 2020 highlights: Project Reunion and Fluid Framework
- Microsoft embraces open source: it's a whole new Microsoft
- Twitter says everyone can work from home forever. Facebook says they can, too, but they might pay you less if you move out of state
- Joe Rogan podcast is now a Spotify Exclusive - will other podcasts start going exclusive?
- Zoom vs Discord vs Facebook Rooms
- How to beat Zoom fatigue
- Will working from home kill the 75-hour work week, or make it worse?
- Work-from-home means less commuting, for better or for worse
- Will conferences stay virtual, go back to face-to-face, or be a hybrid?
- What Zoom/Teams/Slack/Meet/etc solution does your company use?
- Zoom solves its security issues - or at least seems to be working on it very hard
- How well is your school handling distance learning?
- Different communication strokes for different gamer folks
- Tom Hanks' movie "Greyhound" is a $70 Million Apple TV+ Exclusive
- HBO Max premieres May 27th, adding yet more confusion to the online media world
- Bad news about that $125 Equifax settlement
- Grandma ordered to remove photos of grandchildren over GDPR violation
- Facebook found not liable for spreading terrorist content by US Supreme Court
- Walmart kills Jet.com after buying it for more than $3 Billion
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
- Apple rumored to be buying older TV shows and films to bolster TV Plus - CNET
- Tom Hanks film 'Greyhound' to premiere on Apple TV+ in $70M deal
- In a win for Facebook, SCOTUS has declined to hear a lawsuit claiming the social network provided "material support" to terroris
- Facebook employees may face pay cut if they move to cheaper areas to work from home
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey extends permanent work from home policy to Square - CNET
- Microsoft: we were wrong about open source
- The biggest announcements from Microsoft Build 2020
- Review: Microsoft Surface Earbuds sound and feel great, but hurt the wallet
- Microsoft hid lots of secret nerdy messages to devs in its Build stream
- Zoom continues its catch-up security sprint with new training, bug bounty tweaks
- Class-action lawsuit filed against College Board about botched AP tests
- iPhone's HEIC Format Causing Some Students to Fail AP Exams, Here's How to Fix It
- Minecraft play spikes, tops 126M builders a month amid COVID-19 - CNET
- Source: Joe Rogan's Spotify deal will likely be worth $100M+
- Walmart will discontinue Jet.com, nearly four years after $3B purchase - CNET
- Grandmother ordered to delete Facebook photos under GDPR - BBC News
- HBO Max launches May 27: Discounts, free upgrades, shows and movies to expect
- Minecraft Dungeons review: Compelling combat, relentlessly rewarding, deceptively difficult