May 17th 2020
This Week in Tech 771
Ferment All the Things
Facebook Buys Giphy, Apple AR Glasses, Unreal Engine 5
- Facebook buys Giphy for $400 million
- Facebook setting up a political advocacy group for big tech
- US Government going to sue Google for monopolizing online ads
- Trump tweets that Google, Facebook, and Twitter are controlled by the "Radical Left"
- Facebook has half of its oversight board in place already
- Zoom fatigue is real: is avatar-based chat the cure?
- Apple AR glasses coming in 2021
- Unreal Engine 5 will push game development to new heights
- Twitter says that people can work from home forever - but should they?
- Robotic backboard makes all the shots
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
- "I can’t believe I’m going against Kuo on this one... but I believe he’s wrong."
- The US government is getting ready to sue Google for monopolizing online ads
- Employees say Google cut diversity programs to make conservatives happy
- Facebook to buy Giphy for $400 million - Axios
- Facebook and the Folly of Self-Regulation | WIRED
- Facebook helps launch American Edge, a dark-money advocacy group for big tech - The Washington Post
- In a tweet, Trump accuses Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Google of being controlled by "Radical Left"
- Twitter Will Allow Employees To Work At Home Forever
- Epic's Unreal Engine 5 demo looks stunning, and how the new graphics work is just as important