Mar 8th 2020
This Week in Tech 761
The Esperanto of Time
- Coronavirus Craziness: The Pope is OK, SXSW canceled, contractors can't get n95 masks, Chinese carmakers shut down
- The response to Coronavirus - big tech sends workers home, but restaurant workers have to keep the slinging hash
- Woz is NOT Patient Zero
- Countries respond to Coronavirus: stay on that cruise ship, China forces people to quarantine, US doubles down on the Patriot Act, Italy shuts down Lombardi
- Stock up on Soylent for your Coronavirus quarantine needs
- Apple rejects coronavirus apps
- Chinese students review bomb homework app
- Paris has awesome hobbies
- Apple forces workers to come to the Spaceship and retail stores, other tech giants send workers home
- March Madness without fans? Are we projecting the zombie apocalypse onto Coronavirus?
- Review: Thermomix TM6
- Baby Yoda toys killed by Coronavirus
- What to watch while you're quarantined
- Video games to play while you're quarantined
- Is it canceled? How to find out
- Warren drops out - which old white male candidate will die from Coronavirus?
- Brianna Wu gets hacked - she explains how to avoid her mistakes
- How to use nation-state level hacks yourself
- How the CIA used CryptoAG to spy on the world
- Apple allows ads in push notifications - watch this week's iOS Today to see how to turn them off!
- YouTube is recommending fewer conspiracy videos
- Nerf or nothing!
- Streaming drives the music industry to its greatest year ever
- Democratic Socialism Simulator vs Female Politician Simulator
- Nintendo Playstation prototype sells for $360,000
- Daylight Saving kills! Switch to UTC instead!
- SETI@Home shuts down, and bitcoin mining is destroying the world - switch to folding proteins for a Coronavirus cure
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
- A spell for health and calm: washing your hands to the Litany Against Fear
- HALLELUJAH! Pope tests negative for Corona virus. TWiT's Digital Jesuit is also fine.
- Wozniak TWEET
- Austin's South by Southwest Festival Canceled Due to Coronavirus
- In Coronavirus Fight, China Gives Citizens a Color Code, With Red Flags - The New York Times
- IPhone Maker Hon Hai Expects China Plants Back to Normal in March - Bloomberg
- Coronavirus forces Apple to restrict employee travel to Italy and Korea
- Apple is reportedly rejecting all coronavirus-related apps unless they come from health organizations
- Apple wants its employees at the mothership, coronavirus be damned
- At least one new product announcement will not take place, until the fall
- Twitter Tells Employees to Work From Home As Coronavirus Death Toll Climbs.