Dec 8th 2019
This Week in Tech 748
The BAT FAANGs
Stories this Week
- Mac Pro is only for Pros
- Apple's pivot to services plays on our trust of Apple
- How amoral should companies be?
- Silicon Valley Finale
- Larry and Sergei ride off into the sunset - what happens next?
- How worried should companies be about government regulation?
- Why we're watching Watchmen
- Amazon comes to New York, without tax benefits
- Stadiums as a metaphor for tech
- Amazon's re:Invent is all about AI
- Huawei makes "America-free" Phones
- What is the future of war?
- Is 5G going to be like LTE or WiMAX?
- Intel admits failure
- Reddit bans Russian sock puppets
- Elon dodges pedo bullet
- Magic Leap is the most amazing, important, incredible failure ever
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
- New Mac Pro and Pro Display XDR orders start on December 10, Apple announces - 9to5Mac
- Alphabet CEO Larry Page steps down, replaced by Google CEO Sundar Pichai - Vox
- A letter from Larry and Sergey
- Larry, Sergey, and the Mixed Legacy of Google-Turned-Alphabet
- Amazon leases Hudson Yards office space - Curbed NY
- Amazon expands Bezos' elite 'S-team',
- AWS's DeepComposer music keyboard is powered by AI
- Huawei’s Latest Smartphones, Network Gear are “America-Free”
- Dented Reality: Magic Leap Sees Slow Sales, Steep Losses — The Information
- Magic Leap only sold 6,000 AR headsets in six months, report says - CNET
- 5G on the horizon: Here’s what it is and what’s coming | Ars Technica
- Intel CEO Wants To Destroy The Thinking About Having 90% Share In CPU Market, Talks 10nm Problems, 7nm Roadmap And More
- T-Mobile launches 600MHz 5G across the US, but no one can use it yet - The Verge
- Elon Musk found not guilty in defamation lawsuit
- Silicon Valley' finale: How show adjusted and still found laughs as views on tech changed
- Are You an Amazon or an Apple Family?
- A National Office for Strategic Foresight Anchored in Critical Science and Technologies