Nov 24th 2019
This Week in Tech 746
My Robot Lawyer
This Week’s Stories
- Tesla’s unveils its new Cybertruck, watch out for shotputs!
- NTSB says a fatal crash involving Uber’s Robocar was due to human error
- Tesla tries to SWAT a whistleblower
- Jack Dorsey’s hacker has been arrested
- Google Stadia and what the future of gaming might look like
- Can’t seem to print using Cloud, we’ll tell you why
- Apple is building a new campus in Austin, guess who was there to help celebrate?
- Apple tells Congress you shouldn’t be able to fix your iPhone because you could hurt yourself. Really Apple?
- And they claim they are losing money when they do repair your iPhone for you.
- SpaceX is serious about its Starlink satellites
- Who gets to see and keep your Ring video doorbell footage? You might not be happy when you find out!
- A new type of AI can predict seizures before they happen, and it’s amazingly accurate
- PayPal just bought the coupon-finding browser extension Honey for $4 Billion!
- Need a lawyer? Your next call might be a robot
- Fox has plans for a new show, and the 50+ crowd might not like the name
- A court has ruled that police can’t force a suspect to reveal his password
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
- Austin Texas campus – Apple breaks ground today - 9to5Mac
- Apple Tells Congress You'll Hurt Yourself if You Try to Fix Your iPhone - VICE
- Apple 'loses money on phone repairs' |BBC
- Google Stadia review: the best of cloud gaming is still just a beta |The Verge
- Google Quietly Kills Cloud Print - Thurrott.com
- Police can keep Ring camera video forever, and share with whomever they’d like, company tells senator | Washington Post
- Authorities Arrest Alleged Member of Group That Hacked Jack Dorsey
- SpaceX launches second batch of Starlink broadband satellites
- PayPal to acquire shopping and rewards platform Honey for $4B | TechCrunch
- Watch this supercut of Elon Musk unveiling the Tesla Cybertruck | The Verge
- This ‘robot lawyer’ can take the mystery out of license agreements | The Verge
- This AI system predicts seizures an hour before they happen with 99.6% accuracy | The Next Web
- Fox files trademark to make ‘Ok Boomer’ meme into a TV show. Uh . . . Ok, Boomers | Fast Company
- NTSB Hearing Blames Humans, Software And Policy For Fatal Uber Robocar Crash - But Mostly Humans | Forbes
- Suspect can’t be compelled to reveal “64-character” password, court rules | Ars Technica
- Tesla attempts to have whistleblower Martin Tripp SWATted