Sep 8th 2019
This Week in Tech 735
I've Got a Chatroom in My Thigh
- Apple testily responds to Google's Project Zero discovery of China's iOS hack against Uyghur Muslims.
- Avoiding FUD: how secure is too secure?
- Facebook leaks 420 Million users' phone numbers. In a related story, until recently, AT&T stored users' phone numbers in unencrypted paper files and delivered them directly to all US citizens.
- Apple Event this Tuesday! Which new phone will win the 2019 Fall Challenge?
- Phone Photography of the Phuture!
- Apple Watch 5 is all about sleep.
- Apple Tile, Apple Glasses, Apple TV, Apple Arcade, what else will happen on Tuesday?
- Harry is excited about the 16 Inch MacBook coming soon.
- Samsung Fold released in South Korea. It's not perfect, but it is a necessary step towards a cyberpunk future.
- An AI beat an 8th-grade science test. My 8th grader spends most of his time in the backyard blowing up stuff. Should we be scared?
- Joi Ito resigns over Epstein ties. Let's make sure we punish all the tech people who worked with Epstein and ignore all the bankers and politicians.
- Bill Gates has spent the past 10 years rehabilitating his image. Will his ties to Jeffrey Epstein remind everyone what a jerk he used to be?
- Verizon's 5G rollout to NFL stadiums only covers some seats.
- DOJ demands Apple and Google give them data on everyone who downloaded a gun scope tuning app.
- Supermicro flaw - no, not that Supermicro flaw, the other one.
- Huawei says the US is cyber-attacking it. Um, Duh.
- Biohacking is here. Stick a server in your thigh!
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
- Cybersecurity & Identity Trends, Unlocked (Network Sponsor)
- What to expect from Apple’s September 10 “By Innovation Only” event
- Apple to launch 'iPhone 11' on Sept. 20, celebrate with reopening of Fifth Avenue store in NYC
- Apple Watch may get sleep tracking as soon as next week
- Exclusive: Apple's Tile Competitor Will Include 'Items' Tab in iOS 13's Find My App and Much More - MacRumors
- Apple launches Apple Music web player for everyone
- Project Zero: A very deep dive into iOS Exploit chains found in the wild
- Apple Finally Breaks Its Silence on iOS Hacking Campaign
- 5 reasons why you should never trust a free VPN
- Facebook leaked 419 million phone numbers
- Related: Until recently, AT&T stored users' phone numbers in unencrypted paper files
- MIT Media Lab founder: Taking Jeffrey Epstein’s money was justified - MIT Technology Review
- Director of M.I.T.’s Media Lab Resigns After Taking Money From Jeffrey Epstein
- Will Netflix pull its Bill Gates docuseries after the latest news about his ties to Jeffrey Epstein?
- Allen Institute for AI unveils Aristo