May 5th 2019
This Week in Tech 717
Foursquare for Drunks
This Week's Stories
- Microsoft Build Preview
- Microsoft's Privacy Reputation: How Deserved Is It?
- Surface Studio Pros and Cons
- Facebook's Privacy Problems on Display at F8
- Tik Tok: Facebook Killer or Just the Next Vine?
- The Broken World of Social Media
- Is Instagram Spying on Me?
- Should Mark Zuckerberg be Personally Punished for Facebook's Failings?
- Google Down on Earnings Report
- Google I/O Preview
- Attack of the Voice Assistants
- Apple App Store Insanity
- Apple Up on Earnings Reports
- Surface vs MacBook vs Chromebook
- Folding Phones are Still the Future: How Far in the Future Remains to be Seen
- Who Wants Wearables?
- How to Auto-delete your Google Location Info
- 2020 Presidential Candidates' Email is Surprisingly Easy to Hack
- ACLU Sues US over Warrantless Border Phone Searches
- Video Game Hall of Fame Adds Solitaire and Mario Kart
- RIP Anki and Jibo :(
- Screaming Roomba
- Verizon Wants to Sell Tumblr After Destroying It
- The Internet vs Sonic the Hedgehog
- AR Brings 5 Madonnas to Life
- Firefox Extensions Down After Glitch
- Visit NAMI.org for National Mental Health Awareness Month
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
- Apple reports Q2 revenue of $58B, down 5% YoY, with international sales accounting for 61% of Q2 revenue
- Apple Is Telling Lawmakers People Will Hurt Themselves if They Try to Fix iPhones
- Alphabet misses on Q1 revenues of $36.3B; EPS of $9.50 weighed down by the $1.7B European fine | TechCrunch
- Alphabet cites ‘headwinds’ in smartphone sales, teases I/O hardware announcement | TechCrunch
- At F8, Zuckerberg unveils Facebook's new mantra: 'The future is private' - CNET
- What happens to the Facebook data of dead people?
- I heard groans when Facebook announced its new Dating features
- Facebook is facing a big penalty, but regulators are split over how big
- What to expect at Microsoft Build 2019: AI, Azure, and more
- Microsoft promises to boil down its lengthy and confusing privacy controls… in 1,500-word announcement
- Nearly all 2020 presidential candidates aren’t using a basic email security feature | TechCrunch
- Phone and laptop searches at US border 'quadruple'
- Canada Border Services seizes lawyer's phone, laptop for not sharing passwords
- World Video Game Hall of Fame inducts Super Mario Kart, Mortal Kombat, Solitaire, and Colossal Cave Adventure | VentureBeat
- The once-hot robotics startup Anki is shutting down after raising more than $200 million - Recode
- How augmented reality put five Madonnas on stage at once
- A glitch is breaking all Firefox extensions | TechCrunch
- After trailer outcry, Sonic the Hedgehog director tells fans to expect “changes”
- Why I Love My Teeny-Tiny Knockoff Nokia
- The Miracle of Microsoft
- Tik Tok
- HUAWEI HAS THE BEST FIRST DRAFT FOR A FOLDABLE PHONE
- My Jibo Is Dying and It's Breaking My Heart
- The Roomba That Screams When it Bumps Into Stuff