Oct 28th 2018
This Week in Tech 690
All the President's Phones
- What's in store for Apple's big event this Tuesday?
- Tim Cook vs the "data industrial complex"
- Amazon's government controversies
- IBM buys Red Hat for $34 billion - the largest software purchase ever.
- Linus Torvalds is back!
- Trump's phone may be hacked by Russia and China.
- The midterms may be hacked as well.
- Apple and Amazon might NOT be hacked by China.
- Microsoft still hasn't released Window 10 update 1809
- The Vatican releases its own version of Pokemon Go with saints instead of Pokemon.
- Elon's big tunnel under LA opens 12/10.
- Pokemon Go will use step info from Apple and Google.
- Right to Repair suit wins.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
- Apple reportedly announcing iPad Pro with USB-C, MacBook Air successor, and new Mac Mini next week
- iFixit: iPhone XR is the spiritual "iPhone 9" with an inside that looks like a hybrid between the iPhone 8 and X
- Apple’s Tim Cook makes blistering attack on the “data industrial complex” | TechCrunch
- Saudis’ Image Makers: A Troll Army and a Twitter Insider
- Jeff Bezos is just fine taking the Pentagon’s $10B JEDI cloud contract
- Anonymous Amazon employee says 450+ employees signed letter to Bezos and other execs asking them to stop selling Rekognition
- The largest software acquisition ever: IBM to buy RedHat for $34B
- IBM TO ACQUIRE RED HAT, COMPLETELY CHANGING THE CLOUD LANDSCAPE AND BECOMING WORLD’S #1 HYBRID CLOUD PROVIDER
- Linus Torvalds is back in charge of Linux
- China tells Trump to use a Huawei phone to avoid eavesdroppers
- The midterms are already hacked. You just don’t know it yet.
- Amazon canceled some ads on Bloomberg's properties, sources say due to China spy chips story
- Worst Windows 10 version ever? Microsoft's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad October
- Microsoft’s problem isn’t how often it updates Windows—it’s how it develops it | Ars Technica
- The Vatican has launched it's own version of Pokemon GO where you catch saints instead of Pokemon.
- Follow JC Go! is like Pokemon Go, but with Catholic saints
- Elon Musk says the Boring Company’s first tunnel under LA will open December 10th
- Pokemon Go will soon use Apple Health and Google Fit data to hatch eggs and earn candy
- Half Of The News Outlets We Asked Would Take Cash To Post Our Content
- Copyright Office Ruling Imposes Sweeping Right to Repair Reforms | iFixit
- AI Art at Christie’s Sells for $432,500 - The New York Times