Sep 23rd 2018
This Week in Tech 685
Emotional Support Ham
- iPhone XS and XS Max are flying off the shelves (especially in Santa Rosa).
- Pixel 2 camera beats the iPhone XS.
- Why the dual-sim iPhones are a bigger deal than you think.
- (Heart) doctors hate it! Apple Watch's one weird ECG trick.
- Elon Musk introduces the first SpaceX moon passenger, DOJ introduces a criminal investigation to Musk.
- Amazon introduces a slew of new Alexa devices in its continuing mission to control everything in your home (including you).
- Magic Leap One first look: nobody should buy it, but it is absolutely the future.
- Happy 10th anniversary, T-Mobile G1! We have come full circle: the first Android phone didn't have a headphone jack, either.
- Google's plans for China, and China's plans for the world.
- John Hancock won't sell you life insurance unless you strap on a Fitbit or Apple Watch.
- Coding error scraps Subaru Ascent.
- Salesforce's Mark Benioff buys Time magazine.
- Freezing your credit report is now free thanks to a new law.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
- Apple and Tim Cook Celebrate iPhone XS, XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 Launch Day
- Santa Rosa Apple Store robbed while Megan Morrone is There
- Thieves swipe $35K worth of electronics in Santa Rosa Apple Store robbery
- The iPhone XS camera beats the iPhone X, but not the Pixel 2
- The iPhone Xs and Xs Max get dual-SIM capability
- I'm a Heart Doctor and Wary of the New Apple Watch
- First SpaceX moon passenger Yusaku Maezawa: Everything you need to know - CNET
- "Funding secured" may become the two costliest words ever tweeted
- Sources: Tesla under criminal investigation by DOJ over public statements made by Tesla and CEO Elon Musk, alongside a previousl
- The First on Hulu
- Amazon plans to release at least 8 new Alexa devices, including a microwave oven and in-car gadget
- Amazon introduces Wi-Fi Simple Setup to automatically share a user's home wireless network credentials with compatible smart hom
- The first Android phone, the T-Mobile G1, was announced 10 years ago today
- Pixel 3 in pink? "There's a fourth color in the source code"
- GOOGLE SUPPRESSES MEMO REVEALING PLANS TO CLOSELY TRACK SEARCH USERS IN CHINA
- The Future Today Institute
- The Signals Are Talking: Why Todays Fringe Is Tomorrows Mainstream
- Gastronomad Experiences
- Valley of Genius
- John Hancock, one of the largest life insurers in the US, will now only sell policies that track fitness and health data via wea
- Coding Error Forces 2019 Subaru Ascents to be Scrapped
- Salesforce supremo Benioff buys Time magazine for $190m
- Freezing your credit is now free in all states under a new law
- Magic Leap One