Sep 3rd 2006
This Week in Tech 67
Hosted by Leo Laporte
Prospects for an Apple Sun merger, Nancy Drew and Vista, and behemoth plasma displays...
Records live every Sunday at 5:15pm Eastern / 2:15pm Pacific / 21:15 UTC.
Guests: Robert Heron, Wil Harris, John C. Dvorak
Does the Google CEO's place on Apple's board presage a Sun merger? Nancy Drew and Vista, and behemoth plasma displays.
- Microsoft is shutting down MSN Messenger videochats forcing users to move to Windows Live Messenger.
- Check out Microsoft's Live Labs
- Google's CEO, Eric Schmidt, has joinedApple's board of directors.
- Dvorak thinks Apple and Sun will merge
- Panasonic is to start selling a 103" plasma display for $80,000.
- Toshiba is officially one of the manufacturersof Microsoft's Zune.
- Using a program on Windows, people can stripWindows DRM.
- Users are also now able to circumvent Windows Media DRM.
- An Apple Media Event is scheduled for September 12th.
- Windows Vista RC1 has been to certain people and is set to be released to the public on September 9th.
- Windows Vista has gone on sale on Amazon.
- The Brazilian government is requesting data from Google.
- Microsoft wants a patent for conjugating verbs.
- Intel is going to decimate its work force this Tuesday.
- Sony is in charge for all of the exploding batteries.
- Spiralfrog is allowing free legal downloads of music, but requires you to listen to ads in order to listen to the music.
- Finland is conducting a mobile-phone throwing competition.
- OK Go's "Here it Goes Again" video on Youtube completely blew up and they even performed the video live on the MTV Video Music Awards.
- Bit-Tech has put out a review of Dell's high end XPS 700.
- A MySpace magazine is slated to begin publication.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech