Aug 5th 2018
This Week in Tech 678
Popcorn and Brown Liquor
- Apple is the first trillion dollar company ever.
- Is Universal Basic Income the fix for poverty in America?
- Alexa is Now the Ultimate in Home Security
- Why you should avoid Chinese phones.
- Facebook Dating is coming soon - will this make you spend too much time on Facebook?
- People still don't understand blockchain.
- Maybe you just shouldn't tweet.
- Ed Bott thinks the Surface Go is great!
- MoviePass is going out of business, and it's Owen JJ Stone's fault.
- Fortnight doesn't want to pay the Google Play store.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
- Apple’s Value Hit $1 Trillion. Add Disney to Bank of America and ... You’re Halfway There - The New York Times
- Diving into the details of Apple's (boring?) record quarter - Six Colors
- Huawei supplants Apple as the second largest smartphone seller
- Yang 2020
- This California town will give a $500 monthly stipend to residents
- Ontario Basic Income Pilot
- Democrats warn candidates not to use Chinese devices 'even if the price is low or free' - Business Insider
- Facebook says it is testing its dating product internally
- Facebook and Instagram add dashboards to help you manage your time on social apps
- Bawal na! French lawmakers ban smartphones in schools | ABS-CBN News
- The Bullsh*t Web — Pixel Envy
- Blockchain, once seen as a corporate cure-all, suffers a slowdown
- The “controversy” over journalist Sarah Jeong joining the New York Times, explained
- Surface Go, First Look: Small, light, and the best cheap PC ever
- MoviePass hopes a price hike and limiting new movie access can save it
- Tim Sweeney: Epic's CEO on Fortnite on Android, skipping Google Play, and the open Metaverse - view all | GamesBeat