Jul 8th 2018
This Week in Tech 674
Go Dung Beetles!
- Billionaires prepare for the coming apocalypse: have you bought your missile silo condo yet?
- London police's facial recognition fail: pilot program results in 98% false positive rate, zero arrests.
- Amazon expanding its cashierless Amazon Go stores.
- Celebrity impersonators, mob justice, and more reasons to stay off social media.
- Prime Day coming on July 16th.
- Netflix's 2018 content budget expands to $13 billion.
- Thanos inspires Reddit's biggest ban ever.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Amazon will open a second automated store in Seattle—and this one is much bigger
- Amazon Prime Day is happening July 16th
- Facial recognition trial in London results in zero arrests, Metropolitan Police confirm | The Independent
- Billionaires plan for the future of tech after the apocalypse
- Netflix’s Content Budget for 2018 Balloons to $13 Billion — Report
- Infinity War's Thanos inspires one of the biggest bans in Reddit history - CNET
- Memorizing these three statistics will help you understand the world
- RIP “crypto”
- Oprah, Is That You? On Social Media, the Answer Is Often No.
- Guild Wars studio fires two employees after clash with streamer