Jul 1st 2018
This Week in Tech 673
The Prozac Dash Button
- Apple vs Samsung settled: our long international nightmare is over.
- A proposed US law has patent trolls jumping for joy.
- Amazon jumps into the healthcare business by buying online pharmacy PillPack.
- Foxcon's new Wisconsin plant breaks ground.
- Yet another Facebook security breach, but this time a bug bounty program catches the leak.
- Twitter's new Ad Transparency Center opens new avenues for journalists.
- The sky is falling in Fortnite.
- WPA3 could make Wi-Fi a lot more secure.
- California follows Europe down the data privacy road.
- Christina Warren knows all the Andromeda secrets, but she's not talking.
- AOL Instant Messenger is reborn!
- StumbleUpon is not. :(
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Apple and Samsung settle seven-year long patent fight over copying the iPhone
- Rep. Massie Introduces New Legislation to Restore America’s Patent System – Center for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- Amazon to acquire online pharmacy PillPack
- San Francisco Is So Expensive, You Can Make Six Figures and Still Be ‘Low Income’
- Jury: Dr. Dre's Beats headphones owes ex-partner $25 million
- Apple is rebuilding Maps from the ground up | TechCrunch
- This popular Facebook app publicly exposed your data for years
- Manipulative Social Media Practices - Schneier on Security
- Twitter makes its Ad Transparency Center, announced before Congressional hearings in October, available to all users
- Fortnite players are mad after being killed during the epic rocket launch
- Stronger, easier Wi-Fi security coming soon
- California just passed one of the toughest data privacy laws in the country - The Verge
- Microsoft details secret ‘pocketable’ Surface device in leaked email - The Verge
- AIM Has Been Resurrected - Motherboard
- StumbleUpon is Shutting Down