Sep 3rd 2006
This Week in Tech 67
Does the Google CEO's place on Apple's board presage a Sun merger? Nancy Drew and Vista, and behemoth plasma displays.
- Microsoft is shutting down MSN Messenger videochats forcing users to move to Windows Live Messenger.
- Check out Microsoft's Live Labs
- Google's CEO, Eric Schmidt, has joinedApple's board of directors.
- Dvorak thinks Apple and Sun will merge
- Panasonic is to start selling a 103" plasma display for $80,000.
- Toshiba is officially one of the manufacturersof Microsoft's Zune.
- Using a program on Windows, people can stripWindows DRM.
- Users are also now able to circumvent Windows Media DRM.
- An Apple Media Event is scheduled for September 12th.
- Windows Vista RC1 has been to certain people and is set to be released to the public on September 9th.
- Windows Vista has gone on sale on Amazon.
- The Brazilian government is requesting data from Google.
- Microsoft wants a patent for conjugating verbs.
- Intel is going to decimate its work force this Tuesday.
- Sony is in charge for all of the exploding batteries.
- Spiralfrog is allowing free legal downloads of music, but requires you to listen to ads in order to listen to the music.
- Finland is conducting a mobile-phone throwing competition.
- OK Go's "Here it Goes Again" video on Youtube completely blew up and they even performed the video live on the MTV Video Music Awards.
- Bit-Tech has put out a review of Dell's high end XPS 700.
- A MySpace magazine is slated to begin publication.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech