Jun 3rd 2018
This Week in Tech 669
15 Minutes of Fun
- Apple's WWDC this week looks like it may be a disappointment for anyone hoping for new hardware.
- Facebook is killing its "Trending Topics" section.
- Teens prefer Instagram and Snapchat to Facebook; close to half are "almost constantly" online.
- The Atari VCS is coming soon for expensive retro gaming.
- Scooters and bikes are becoming a problem for San Francisco.
- The new emoji are coming!
- A Canadian Hacker gets 5 years for his part in the Russin-linked Yahoo breach.
- Microsoft is worth more than Google.
- Self-driving technology picks up speed as California ok's free autonomous taxis.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Roundup: Everything to expect at WWDC 2018, including iOS 12, macOS 10.14, and more
- Sources: Apple to debut tools at WWDC that let two iPhones share augmented reality data phone-to-phone without storing data in t
- Facebook will remove the Trending topics section next week
- Teens dump Facebook for YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
- Facebook slips, Snapchat grows among teens — nearly half online ‘almost constantly’
- Atari VCS
- San Francisco protesters throw scooters into street to block tech commuters
- 66 new emoji coming Tuesday include kangaroo, party face and lobster - CNET
- Hacker gets 5 years for Russian-linked Yahoo security breach
- Microsoft tops Alphabet Google market cap - Business Insider
- Self-driving cars will kill people and we need to accept that
- California will allow autonomous cars to pick up passengers
- Uganda imposes a social media tax to prevent 'gossip'