Apr 29th 2018
This Week in Tech 664
Warm Tushie Tech
Sprint and T-Mobile make it official. Amazon, Google, and Facebook all have amazing quarterly earnings reports. Amazon's home robot and the battle for smart home supremacy. Facebook's community guidelines. Golden Gate Killer found with open source DNA site. Who wants Snap's second generation Spectacles? Apple's rumored AR/VR headset. What tech brings you joy?
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Sprint T-Mobile Merger
- Overlay map of new network
- Amazon.com Announces First Quarter Sales up 43% to $51.0 Billion (Amazon.com)
- Amazon will raise the price of Prime from $99 to $119 in the U.S.
- Amazon Has a Top-Secret Plan to Build Home Robots
- Alphabet reports Q1 revenue of $31.1B, up 26% YoY, net income of $9.4B, up from $5.4B YoY, but capital expenditures hit $7.3B
- Google is bleeding cash trying to take on Amazon in the smart home
- Amazon brings family-focused FreeTime service to Alexa and launches Echo Dot Kids Edition
- Amazon Alexa to reward kids who say: 'Please'
- Amazon will now deliver packages to the trunk of your car
- Facebook just shredded Wall Street's Cambridge Analytica worries with a giant Q1
- Advertisers not shying away
- FB makes community guidelines public
- Facebook Community Standards
- Community guidelines updated
- Cold case solved w/ open source DNA site
- Snap’s second-generation Spectacles are more grown up — and more expensive
- Apple’s working on a powerful, wireless headset for both AR, VR - CNET
- Nintendo Labo RC Car Race!
- Nintendo Labo Kit First Look